We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice re: where to stay with 3 young children

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice re: where to stay with 3 young children

We will be coming to Estes Park in October. Looking for a cabin that will accept children and not be around "honeymooners" This will be the first time they will see snow so I want someplace that will let them enjoy themselves without disturbing others. Any advice will be helpful.

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice re: where to stay with 3 young children

Many of the properties in Estes are very family oriented. Did you have a price range in mind?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice re: where to stay with 3 young children

No I do not have a specific price in mind. I think we may hold off until we are sure the snow will be around. I am looking at the Bear Paw properties at the moment.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice re: where to stay with 3 young children

If there are other areas that are recommended besides Estes Park I would not mind looking elsewhere. We are new to the Denver area so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice re: where to stay with 3 young children

Have you looked at the cabins at YMCA of the Rockies? It is a great place with lodge rooms, cabins and vaction homes for rent as part of their complex. They have tons of activities going on that you can involve yourself with or just romp with the kids on their grounds or taking them into the park. We just returned from several days there and are going back again with our kids twice more this year. Very affordable, clean, fun and great wildlife viewing. I don't think that there is a better place in Estes Park for families!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice re: where to stay with 3 young children

Ditto on above. Although I have not been to the Estes Park YMCA, I have been to Snow Mountain Ranch( by Winter Park). Lots to do for families - kids always seemed to be having fun.

Go to www.ymcarockies.org

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
759 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice re: where to stay with 3 young children

We stayed at the Wildwood Inn (a condo-like unit, not a cabin) this summer with our small children and it was great. You can rent DVDs, videos, and board games for free. They liked the jacuzzi in the living room and there was ample room for them to play, and we could retreat to our bedroom to watch TV also. It has a full size kitchen as well.

7. Re: Advice re: where to stay with 3 young children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 20, 2009