We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

I know I've seen a post about this before but a search didn't bring it up.

Which cabins don't have a 2+ night minimum?

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,785 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

What time of year?

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

Any time. Though I know it's probably easier to find in the off season.

California
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

It's not a cabin, but I don't think the Stanley Hotel has a minimum.

Mentioned in this post
Stanley Hotel
Stanley Hotel
2,784 Reviews
Estes Park, CO
Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

I know many hotels/motels don't, but am looking for a cabin.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,785 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

Outside of the peak summer and fall (elk rut and foliage) seasons and holidays, it is easier to find one night stays. Always call as many places will rent for one night outside of peak times even if the website says 2 night minimum. Many cabins (other than vrbo) will rent for one night between mid-October and early May. Even in summer or fall, call if your schedule is flexible as there can be one night stays that get sandwiched between other reservations. Here are some to check open year round and usually available for one night outside peak times.

Amberwood, Fall River Cabins, Streamside on Fall River, Rockmount Cottages, River Rock Cottages, McGregor Mountain Lodge, YMCA Cabins

Here are some possibilities on vrbo.

http://www.vrbo.com/242499

http://www.vrbo.com/376133

http://www.vrbo.com/505516

http://www.vrbo.com/505518

http://www.vrbo.com/505517

You can also post a lodging request. You will get some automated answers but this may help you find a one night stay even during busier times.

visitestespark.com/maps-and-info/…

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,785 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

Add Annie's Mountain Retreat to the list. They do not have minimum stays except for certain holidays.

Mary's Lake Getaway is not a cabin but the large bottom floor separate apartment of a nice home and they do not require a minimum much of the year.

It does appear McGregor has reinstated 2 night minimums even in low season. As I said, call. If it is during the week or a slow weekend, places make exceptions.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

Why do you say not usally VRBO?

I'm guessing because when the cleaning fee can easily be $100 or more , it just doesn't pay for them to rent one night.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,785 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

I have not checked recently but the Estes Park CVB/Visitor Center used to keep a list of lodging places that allowed one night stays. You can call them.

800-443-7837 970-577-9900

Mentioned in this post
Estes Park Visitor Center
Estes Park Visitor Center
428 Reviews
Estes Park, CO
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,785 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

I agree with you that the reason VRBO does not often rent for one night is the cleaning fee. I noted some properties on VRBO that have an additional cleaning fee if you do not stay the minimum number of nights. It just gets too costly for the cleaning and wear and tear on the properties to rent for one night especially at the lower rates already offered in "off" season. Of course in peak season, most places in Estes Park have a minimum stay because everything gets booked.

Edited: 2:15 pm, January 28, 2014
rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
628 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabins without a 2-3 night minimum stay

The same reasoning applies to the 'regular' lodging businesses, too. Unless they have the resources of a chain hotel system, it is very difficult for these businesses to make a profit off one night stays when all factors are considered. Honestly, with my accumulated experience in the lodging business, if I owned a lodging business in Estes Park, I would only do one night stays in rare circumstances and have as long of a minimum night stay requirement as the market would support. I managed one property that only rented by the week. Another took advance bookings of only 5 nights for the summer and as the time neared we dropped the minimum to 3 nights. Others have had just 2 nights in the summer and no requirements in the winter. I can say without a doubt that the properties with the longer stay requirements were more profitable. And I also noticed the guests were overall a happier bunch. Imagine that . . . being 'forced' to spend more time in Estes Park produces happier people!