We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estes Valley Cottage - VRBO #130005 Pet Friendly 3bed/1bath

Baytown
Level Contributor
99 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Estes Valley Cottage - VRBO #130005 Pet Friendly 3bed/1bath

First time to visit Estes Park, CO

Went online to VRBO and chose to stay at Estes Valley Cottage (VRBO #130005)

We were VERY pleased with our stay. Would definitely stay here again.

View of Mary's Lake and Lodge with Mountains in background

We were only about 3 miles from downtown, very convenient location

3 bedrooms/ 1 bath with awesome view and outside porch area

Owner had beautiful plants and flowers inside and outside her home

It is PET FRIENDLY which was a must for our trip. We brought our mini schnauzer

Jane Fox is property owner and she met us there first day

Her rules were simple and she worked with us regarding payment and deposit

The cottage is next door to a Lama Farm and if you have kids, they'll love it

I appreciate her opening her home to us. We cooked every night which was great. She even has a gas grill outside and cleaning up was a snap since she had a dishwasher as well. She also has a washer/dryer, which we didn't need or use.

Would highly recommend this lovely cottage! Estes Park is beautiful!!

As far as activities while there:

Spent time just relaxing at cabin, went into town 1 afternoon and walked around

Visited Stanley hotel, very lovey grounds and history, it was built in 1902

Time was limited so we only had 1 day to spend in RMNP

Arrived at Visitor Center around 8:30am

Took Trail Ridge Road and made all the stops along the way using the Trail Ridge Road Timeline someone posted, which was very helpful, thank you!

We didn't get back to Estes Park till about 6:30pm

TRR is awesome, but there were some areas where there is no guard rail and it's straight down. Not a problem for me, but definitely was for my hubby. Thank God he was driving, that was only way he made it. He focused on driving (while gripping steering wheel of course, LOL). And it helped that his side of the car was in middle of road vs edge where I was. He made it fine but he did say it was challenging and difficult for him. He is afraid of heights. But, there are only a few areas that were like that. SO, it wasn't too bad. And, it only became a problem on return trip because we weren't making any stops on way back but was driving straight through which he said was tougher on him. BUT, the scenery and God's nature sure made the trip all worthwhile!

Thanks for all the posters on this forum for sharing!

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,763 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estes Valley Cottage - VRBO #130005 Pet Friendly 3bed/1bath

Since this property has no reviews here on TA, the owner I am sure would really appreciate you writing one. You can copy and paste the review portion of your post above. Here is the link where you can post your review. Many people do not read the travel forum but do read reviews here on TA.

flipkey.com/estes-park-cottage-rentals/…

I also linked this post to your previous post regarding the cottage.

Thankfully, Estes Park and RMNP received lots and lots of late Spring snow so Mary's Lake by June was again a small lake. The lake was quite sad looking back in April when you initially inquired about it.

I am glad you found my Trail Ridge Road Timeline helpful and glad you found that post. Although that post is in the Top Questions on the RMNP forum, people often overlook those questions. It saddens me when people mistakenly think Trail Ridge Road is a "drive thru" and do not take the time as you did to truly experience this amazing road. Thank you for reporting back.

Baytown
Level Contributor
99 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Estes Valley Cottage - VRBO #130005 Pet Friendly 3bed/1bath

Thank you, I did go to FlipKey and did my review there. I didn't know flipkey was associated with Trip Advisor.

I truly appreciate all the time and effort you and so many others put into making Trip Advisor SO helpful. I ALWAYS come here for info. I find info for even the most REMOTE or smallest towns and it's been a life saver and money saver for me! Again thanks!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Estes Valley Cottage - VRBO #130005 Pet Friendly 3bed/1bath

You can also post reviews on VRBO. I'm sure the owner would really appreciate it!

4. Re: Estes Valley Cottage - VRBO #130005 Pet Friendly 3bed/1bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park