We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which tour do you recommend at the Stanley hotel?

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prairie du Chien...
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Which tour do you recommend at the Stanley hotel?

Which is better, worth the money, etc: The ghost tour which is 2 hours or the 4 hr Ghost hunt? I have 2 19 year olds and a 21 year old, dont want it to be cheesy, etc and a waste of time.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,362 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which tour do you recommend at the Stanley hotel?

http://www.stanleyhotel.com/tours

The Stanley has recently revamped their tours. There is no way I would pay $60 per person for the 5 hour ghost hunt. Stick with either the 90 minute Stanley Tour or the night time 2 hour ghost tour. The 19 and 21 year olds would probably prefer the night time 2 hour ghost tour.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which tour do you recommend at the Stanley hotel?

Stanley is a nice visit especially in off season. Frankly, I'd avoid lodging there during summer school break. The place is grand central. The rooms can be stifling hot and tour noise with screaming kids can make for an unrestful evening if you're early to bed. Word is management is working hard on improving customer service.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,362 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which tour do you recommend at the Stanley hotel?

texranger,their visit is April 20-26 and based on previous posts, they are not lodging at the Stanley. Someone else did ask about Stanley lodging in summer and I will relay your insight.

Edited: 9:38 pm, March 21, 2013
4. Re: Which tour do you recommend at the Stanley hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 23, 2014