We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 something Rehearsal Dinner with Gluten Free Options

Wellington, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
20 something Rehearsal Dinner with Gluten Free Options

I'm trying to decide whether to have my rehearsal dinner in Estes Park or drive to Boulder, Ft. Collins or Denver. I don't live in CO so I can't easily visit places. We will be having a Friday night rehearsal dinner with about 20 people. Nine people have gluten allergies - myself included.

Can anyone suggest a good place to check out? I'm not looking for something super fancy, but I don't want it to be too casual either.

Thanks in advance!

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,752 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 something Rehearsal Dinner with Gluten Free Options

When is this dinner?

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,752 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20 something Rehearsal Dinner with Gluten Free Options

The most often suggested locations for rehearsal dinners in Estes Park are

Twin Owls, The View (shows up on many gluten free dining lists) open seasonally, Chalet Room at Mary's Lake Lodge, Waterfront Grille

I would check with these restaurants regarding what they could offer gluten free--better safe than sorry.

Wellington, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 20 something Rehearsal Dinner with Gluten Free Options

It's the weekend of May 17th

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,500 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 20 something Rehearsal Dinner with Gluten Free Options

Also, Open Table says the Dunraven Inn has gluten free options, and their website says they can serve private parties and groups. I haven't eaten there, so can't personally vouch for the food, service or atmosphere. It appears from the reviews that the food is good but I don't see that they have a separate room for large parties, so it might not be the spot for your rehearsal dinner but a place to suggest for other meals for your guests. tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60945-d38…

There is a review of The Twin Owls that says their loft area is an ideal place for a reception (so I assume it would be lovely for a rehearsal dinner, as well.)

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

If your lodging and the wedding will be in Estes Park, I think I'd try to find something there rather than driving somewhere else. Are you familiar with how to find the restaurant reviews?

Edited: 7:53 pm, February 08, 2013
rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
627 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 20 something Rehearsal Dinner with Gluten Free Options

The loft at Twin Owls is a great place for a private area for your guests and a nice atmosphere. A little larger than the loft, Twin Owls also offer a private space in their Garden Room adjacent to the bar.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 20 something Rehearsal Dinner with Gluten Free Options

The Waterfront Grille actually lists their gluten free items directly on their menu. You can find it under "waterfront grille" at www.theestesparkresort.com. Great views there as well.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,209 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 20 something Rehearsal Dinner with Gluten Free Options

If it is good food you want then Boulder. A true foodies town.

8. Re: 20 something Rehearsal Dinner with Gluten Free Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park