We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with July 2013 itinerary with kids

PA
Level Contributor
106 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with July 2013 itinerary with kids

Hi! We are going to be arriving in Denver in July for 4 nights before boarding the Amtrak California Zephyr to San Francisco. We arrive late on the first night, and have to board the train early after the 4th night.

Tuesday - arrive DEN 9pm

Wednesday - ?

Thursday - ?

Friday - ?

Saturday - Train leaves at 8am

I was thinking that it would make sense to spend Friday in Denver & stay overnight close to the train station. We could return the rental car (not sure about details about where yet).

We were thinking of spending the other 2 days exploring RMNP and/or Boulder. We are OK with moving around & changing hotels.

Can anyone help with a good itinerary?

We are a family of 4 with 2 kids (ages 9 and 7). We like the typical family things....playing outside, swimming, mild hiking, mini golf, etc. We don't necessarily need to go to museums, aquariums, etc (unless unique) because we have done that countless times. We've never been to Colorado, so would like to see things that are unique to (what seems to be) an amazing place.

Thanks so much!

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,752 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Need help with July 2013 itinerary with kids

roy p, I have not sent them to the Bear Lake Road area yet. Because of the construction issues, I may not suggest it. They are only doing an overnight in Estes Park and then heading to Grand Lake. I am still thinking about the best use of their time.

22. Re: Need help with July 2013 itinerary with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 31, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park