We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog accommodations

Geneva, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Dog accommodations

My husband and I wil be in Estes Park and Roosevelt National Park area for a one week trip with our pop up camper. We will also have our dog with us. We have our camping reservations all set, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend outings and suc that would be pet friendly.

We also hope to go horseback riding for a couple of hours as well and are trying to seek out suggestions for any kind of pet care/sitting facilities we could use while there.

Thank you in advance ofr your assistance.

Mentioned in this post
Estes Park
Estes Park
Colorado
Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog accommodations

In the park, keep in mind that dogs are only allowed in parking areas on a leash and are not allowed to hike or wander. Here's the park's pet policy:

http://www.nps.gov/romo/visit/park/pets.html

I've heard that dogs are allowed on the Lily Mountain Trail (just outside RMNP). They're also allowed on the Crosier Mountain Trail. I'm pretty sure that in Roosevelt National Forest you can take dogs as long as they're on a six foot leash.

Here's a business directory for Estes that lists pet services including doggy day care:

estesparkcvb.com/business_directory.cfm/…1346

Mentioned in this post
Lily Mountain Trail
Lily Mountain Trail
72 Reviews
Estes Park, CO
Arvada, Colorado
Level Contributor
935 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog accommodations

Yes, the Park is pretty strict regarding dogs. We have taken our dog camping in the park, but it is a bit of a hassle since they always have to be on a leash - and it ruled out any hiking. I wish I could refer you to a place that doggie sits, but hopefully someone else will have a suggestion. There is a dog park in Estes Park where you can take your dog and let him off leash.

Mentioned in this post
Estes Park
Estes Park
Colorado
Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog accommodations

For this sort of thing all around the country:

www.dogfriendly.com