We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rustic Cabins

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cary, NC
Level Contributor
234 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Rustic Cabins

Hi Guys. My husband and I would enjoy a more natural, comfortable, rustic cabin to stay while at RMNP rather than a hotel. Any suggestions?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
356 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rustic Cabins

Yes! That is the cabin we stayed in - and it was adorable! We even met the owners as we were on our way out. They're a wonderful couple, and take meticulous care of it. One of them grew up with the cabin in the family, and they take great pride in it. If we were to go back (my two boys and I), I would definitely stay there again. If it is just you and your husband, you will have more than enough room. There is a nice screened porch to eat on, and we had some elk come up to visit us one evening. The kitchen is well-stocked, and the family room area is very cozy. There is a front porch you can sit on as well, and it overlooks Long's Peak. The place is very, very clean. The only downfall is a very tiny bathroom, but hopefully that's not a place you will be spending a lot of time :) It is also located a very short drive to the entrance to RMNP, and not far from downtown Estes. Enjoy your trip!

Cary, NC
Level Contributor
234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rustic Cabins

Awesome info on the cabin ! Sept 24th was the busiest in RMNP. Oh My Gosh!!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rustic Cabins

well this may not be rustic but it's a nice option on Fall River a fellow TA'er spoke well of that will give you a nice nature feel and they get great ratings on TA:

Aspen Winds:

http://www.aspenwinds.com/

Edited: 3:19 pm, August 10, 2012
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,023 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rustic Cabins

Yes, September 24, 2011--a beautiful Saturday during elk rut and fall foliage AND it was a free entrance day for RMNP. Add all that together and you get record attendance! 30,931 was the recorded number. Do realize, most of those folks were not hiking. They were driving around in a daze staring at the neon gold aspen trees and dodging all the elk in the road.

For 2012, September 29 may get the record. It is a fee free day for RMNP and falls during Elk Fest in Estes Park.

Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rustic Cabins

Regarding "rustic" as a descriptive, it does mean different things to different people. We stayed in a rather rustic cabin in the Thompson Canyon that we found on VRBO. The price was good and we loved being on the river, but the "rustic" nature of the cabin was, in addition to the knotty pine walls of the living room/dining room, that the kitchen appliances were likely 50 years old, the bathroom was tiny and the foundation had substantial issues (doors didn't close right, etc.). Now, we had no problems with this as the cabin served as base camp for us where all we did there was sleep, eat breakfast and enjoy an few late afternoon beers riverside (which is a habit I could enjoy on a daily basis!!!!).

My point is that if you are OK with that you should have no problem with finding a place to stay. If, however, "rustic" means knotty pine in more modern, well appointed house, then you need to be careful as some places may serve to disappoint you.

-Crip

16. Re: Rustic Cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park