We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposal idea

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Proposal idea

Coming to Estes park for the first time in mid aug. looking for some clever ideas for a proposal. Looking for over the top or a locals touch. Something more than a hike or something. Any advice would be great :)

Thanks

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Proposal idea

Book a couples massage, or a special spa package for her and then propose after. Or, once her massage is complete, coordinate with the massage therapist to quietly come into the room and ask her to marry you. There are also horse and buggy rides available through downtown Estes Park you could take her on. Good luck!! :-)

Check this out for more ideas: http://thingstodoinestespark.com/be-romantic

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Proposal idea

I'm embarrassed - I didn't realize proposal meant that kind of proposal! Listen to what the others said (though Flattop might actually still work :)

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Proposal idea

Well you had me fooled Dave.. I counting down 10 days. Get to ask the parents this weekend :) that's going to be fun.

All are great ideas by the way. I'm using some for the trip because they are so great.

Has anyone done the trail to bridal veil? I saw pictures online and it looks amazing. Bear lake and trail road are the other contenders...it's just my gf does like a lot of public around on stuff like this. So I may just carry it around until the right moment who knows?

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,029 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Proposal idea

You said your gf "does like a lot of public around" but did you really mean she does NOT like a lot of public around. Believe me, it will be far more difficult to not have public around. For Trail Ridge Road, go early or late to avoid the crowds. Trail Ridge Road is considered by many to be the highlight of RMNP with good reason. Reviews and traveler photos tell the story. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60945-d19…

The trail to Bridal Veil Falls is at it's best in the fall or late spring. In my opinion, it is hot in the summer. This has been a very dry year, I would not expect the falls to be at their best.

Be very aware of Bear Lake Road reconstruction. You can only drive an auto up Bear Lake Road before 9:00 am or after 4:00 pm. There are many discussions about this on the forum already. www.nps.gov/romo and click on the red alert. For fewer people, take the hike to Lake Haiyaha. You do have to cross boulders to get to the lake but that is easy and the lake is wonderful. On a recent trip report, Lake Haiyaha was the favorite place in Colorado for the poster. Most people go to Dream and Emerald so Haiyaha gets less traffic.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Proposal idea

Yeah I was meaning not a lot poeple around.

16. Re: Proposal idea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park