We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best one hour horseback ride

Which Estes Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
674 posts
419 reviews
Save Topic
Best one hour horseback ride

I've looked at several and would prefer some climbing and scenic vistas versus a trail going through the woods where you see nothing but trees. Does such a trail exist???

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best one hour horseback ride

I would be interest to know if there is any recommended stable/trail as well.

florida
Level Contributor
456 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best one hour horseback ride

I cannot imagine a 1 hour ride affording much as far as those options. I would expect you tro actually have to ride a bit to get anywhere.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,362 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best one hour horseback ride

I am afraid I have to agree with plz on this one. The only two stables located inside RMNP are through Sombrero Ranch (Glacier Basin and Moraine Park). They offer 2 hour rides from these locations not one hour ones. Be sure to understand negotiating Bear Lake Road (special confirmation number to get through) for the rides at Glacier Basin. I would look at what they say on their site about the Glacier Basin rides.

A beautiful area of RMNP to visit that does not get as much attention as far as horseback riding is the Wild Basin area. Sombrero offers this option through their Allenspark stables. One of the DE's here on the forum really enjoyed this ride. Again, I would think you need a two hour ride.

Jackson Stables has good access to RMNP from their location at the YMCA and family really enjoyed a one hour ride from here during Spring Break. You do not have to be staying at the Y to use Jackson Stables.

National Park Gateway is located near the Fall River Entrance to RMNP. They get really good reviews here on TA. Again, I can not imagine the one hour ride delivering what you want.

There are reviews for all of these at tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60945-Activitie…

Scan down through the list and you will see them.

Texas
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best one hour horseback ride

Jackson Stables at the Y

5. Re: Best one hour horseback ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 21, 2013