We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route to Colorado Springs from Estes Park

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best route to Colorado Springs from Estes Park

Hello. We will be visiting Estes Park in a couple of weeks and staying at Murphy's River Lodge. So excited! We will also be spending the last few days of our trip in Colorado Springs! What is the best route from Estes Park to Colorado Springs.? I would like to avoid driving through Denver if possible???

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,166 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route to Colorado Springs from Estes Park

Wow! This is a very popular question recently. But that saves typing time.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33537-i1698-k5482…

Edited: 5:17 pm, June 15, 2012
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,166 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route to Colorado Springs from Estes Park

Sarah, I realize you are going in the reverse of this post. Just enter the towns in reverse order. You can enter Colorado Springs as opposed to Manitou Springs.

There is a ton of helpful info on the RMNP forum. Note the last question in the Top Questions on that forum is a Trail Ridge Road timeline. I have used that information often recently, too.

Edited: 5:38 pm, June 15, 2012
Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route to Colorado Springs from Estes Park

Thanks! Sorry, I didn't realize that a similar question was asked recently. I checked the forum before asking but I guess I missed it. Looks like an interesting drive.

4. Re: Best route to Colorado Springs from Estes Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 17, 2013