We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estes Park Locals please help!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Estes Park Locals please help!

Anyone know why nearly all the rooms in Estes are booked completely June 12-15th, 2012. Just about everything from the YMCA to the chain hotels to the resorts are full!

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
627 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estes Park Locals please help!

No ideas from me oter than that is the week that family vacationers really begin to come to Estes Park. Also, June is of course a big month for weddings and Estes Park is one of the most popular desintaion weedding venues in the United States.

Still, I'm surprised you're not finding anything for a 3 night stay during the week. The Estes Park CVB calendar does not show anything big happening those days. Speaking of the CVB, you could visit their site to request lodging availability on those dates . . . just visit http://www.estesparkcvb.com/lodging_leads.cfm and complete the form. You'll get a lot of automated responses mixed in and hopefully you'll get some good info, too.

Check www.vrbo.com, too.

Good luck!

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,755 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Estes Park Locals please help!

Houston, you are doing something wrong. I just did a quick check at Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, Swiftcurrent Lodge, River Rock Cottages and Aspen Winds and they all had multiple openings for those dates. You need to broaden your search beyond the chain hotels. The site rky gave you http://www.estesparkcvb.com/lodging.cfm has good summaries of lodging options in Estes Park. Reviews here on TA are generally correct and very helpful. Click on the hotel link above, lodging categories appear on the left.

Edited: 10:31 am, February 20, 2012
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,755 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Estes Park Locals please help!

CW0918, sorry about referring to you as Houston earlier, even the Comfort Inn is still showing some limited availability for your dates. Add Silver Moon Inn and Murphy's River Lodge to the list. I have checked all of these and the ones in my reply above and they all have multiple rooms open for your dates. Any of the options listed have very good reviews here on TA.

florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Estes Park Locals please help!

I know there is some big bicycle tour travelling thru Estes on June 15th or 16th, but not sure what impact that would have.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,755 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Estes Park Locals please help!

Good point, plz! Yes, Estes Park is stop #6 on the Ride the Rockies bicycle tour. The tour will be lodging in Estes Park the night of June 14 and departing for Fort Collins on the 15th. http://www.ridetherockies.com/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Estes Park Locals please help!

I think that there are thousands of riders and friends associated with that ride, and many will want to stay in places other than the field campground. Also, that may be the weekend of the Estes Park Marathon as well.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,755 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Estes Park Locals please help!

Yes, the Estes Park marathon is June 16 and 17. As I found on my searches, there are plenty of lodging options available. Folks do not need to wait to make reservations.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Estes Park Locals please help!

Oh, okay. I went ahead and booked the LaQuinta in Loveland as a back up to the "Y" that weekend. Hoping to get a "Y" cabin but will have to wait till 04/05 to try. Thanks.

9. Re: Estes Park Locals please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, May 26, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park