We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
50 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions

Hubby and I are going to Estes Park in September. We have rented a home and will be eating breakfat and lunch in but want to eat our dinner out. We like steak and seafood, nothing fancy, and not over priced. Any suggestions? Would also like the option of eating outdoors with beautiful scenery if weather permits.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I'd suggest Nicky's Steakhouse, on Fall River Road. They have a small outdoor patio, weather-permitting, right on the river. It has a wide selection of entrees. I've always had a decent meal here. Take a look at their website, with pictures and menus: http://www.nickysestespark.com/

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I'd suggest Nicky's Steakhouse, on Fall River Road. They have a small outdoor patio, weather-permitting, right on the river. It has a wide selection of entrees. I've always had a decent meal here. Take a look at their website, with pictures and menus: http://www.nickysestespark.com/

florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

We were just there and ate at the Hunters Chop House on HWY 34. They specialize in steaks and barbeque. DH and DS had steaks and they were great. I had the pork chops with apricot stuffing. While the stuffing had great flavor it was a little dry as were the chops. No one in our party tried the barbeque, although we saw alot of other people enjoying it. I would definitely recommend a visit. Our hotel clerk recommended it to us as one of the local's favorites. Have fun! I'm jealous, I just left and I already want to return!

Livingston, Montana
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I have been to the Twin Owls Steakhouse several times and have never been disappointed. We were married several years ago in Estes Park and chose to have our wedding night dinner there, and it was wonderful. I'm including a link below, you can check their menu online (no prices listed though). If it's a weekend you might want to try to get a reservation. We recently tried the Tavern at Mary's Lake Lodge and liked it alot.

We have been to Hunter's Chop House several times. It was OK, I would try the others first though.

http://www.twinowls.net/

http://www.maryslakelodge.com/schedule.htm

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Loved the Hunters Chop House. (not to be confused with Hunters BBQ!) We ate at the Chop House twice. Delicious! Also enjoyed The Big Horn for breakfast. Sweet Bascilios for Italian.

Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Sweet Basilico (at the intersection of 34 and 36, near Safeway) is our favorite. Very casual but delicious Italian and pizza. It is very small (9 tables), so be sure to get there early or make a reservation. They also do quite a bit of carry-out, so you could grab something and head for a picnic table inside RMNP. Sprague Lake is accessible and would be a good choice for a picnic.

denver colorado
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Mary's Lake Lodge Tavern is one of our favorites for lunch. Beautiful views and escellent food. Their evening restaurant next to the Tavern (thing it's called Grand Maison??) is for very special occasions...little pricey but worth it. Terrific chef. The Tavern is also a lot of fun after dinner...usually music.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

We just returned from Estes and enjoyed all of the restaurants we dined at. Nicky's had a great steak dinner. We sat in the lounge and enjoyed the live music from the pianist. We also had dinner at Hunter's Chop House. I had the trout and my husband had shrimp. Both VERY delicious. We had breakfast one morning at the Trail Ridge Restaurant near the Fall River RMNP entrance. It was kind of pricey for breakfast, but the views were breathtaking and it was a great place to fill up before hiking. I had the corncakes, which were excellent.

indianola, iowa
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Poppies is one place we NEVER miss when in Estes! They are very pleasant and the food is awesome