We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bugle Pointe Condos?

Jacksonville, FL
6 posts
Save Topic
Bugle Pointe Condos?

We are a family of five ( 3 teen boys) planning a trip for July. We are considering staying at Bugle Pointe condos. They are part of Creekside suites. Any information on whether they are a good place to stay for a week would be appreciated.

Also, would love ideas for day trips, acitivities and places to eat for our family. We would like to try some hikes, rafting that is good for healthy beginners. We live at the beach 10 feet above sea level. Should we expect to affected by the elevation?

Omaha NE
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bugle Pointe Condos?

We visit Estes a couple of times a year. We've never stayed at Creekside/Bugle Point, but they look very nice.

You will definitely want to take it easy the first day or so due to the elevation change. Drink lots of water, no alcohol. We used to live in Denver and some visitors often complained of headaches the first day they were there; others had no problems at all.

As far as day trips, you'll definitely want to go into Rocky Mtn Natl Park. If you like to hike there's lots of easier hikes - Alberta Falls/Dream Lake/Emerald Lake is a pretty easy one with beautiful scenery; Bear Lake is really scenic and very easy to hike around (but very crowded in the summer). You'll be able to go over the Continental Divide in July, so another great day trip is a trip to Grand Lake on the other side of Rocky Mtn Natl Park - boat rentals, just a cute little town that's not as crowded as Estes. You might also consider a trip to Winter Park to ride the Alpine slide - go up the mountain on a regular ski lift and ride back down sitting on "sleds" on a concrete runway. The teenagers would love it (and you probably would too)!

For restaurants, there's quite a few good ones but there's also quite a few bad places. We like a place in downtown Estes called "Local's"; we also like Village Pizza (in Stanley Village near Taco Bell/KFC). Another good place is Nicky's restaurant (I think it's on the same road as Creekside); also "The Egg and I" is a great place for breakfast/lunch. There's lots of picnic areas in the park also. Hope you have a great trip, and enjoy the mountains!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bugle Pointe Condos?

My husband and I are frequent visitors to Estes Park and although we haven't stayed at Bugle Pointe/Creekside, we stay just down the road in what looks like a similar condo complex. The location is excellent; pretty views, very close to one of the park entrances and a short drive from downtown. From the website, it looks like it's new construction. I'm willing to bet that you'll love it - write a review when you return!

The ideas from the poster above me are excellent. Nicky's Restaurant is on Fall River Road, about 3 minutes away, and is a good choice, with lots of menu items. We also like the Dunraven Inn (not Dunraven Downtown) for Italian food, and the Estes Park Brewery for lunch and, of course, beer! (It's family-friendly)

We're about to bring our family for a four-day stay in early June and I've scoped out a couple of other activities that look interesting:

American Wilderness Tours offers Jeep tours, some which include a camp dinner, up into the high country.

The National Park Gateway Stables offers all sorts of horseback tours, even some for Flatlanders like you (I'm a former one myself!)

Check out this website to find a hike your whole family can enjoy: thespiritoftherockies.net/spirit/HikingRMNP.…

I can't believe how detailed the information is, complete with photos. Look at the elevation gain to see how steep the climb is going to be. Just take it easy the first few days, and you'll be real mountain goats by the end of the week!

I hope your family will love Estes as much as I do... so much to do, great places to stay and eat, and some of the most beautiful scenery in the world!

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bugle Pointe Condos?

We are also a family of 5, we have 2 teenagers and we just got back last week from staying at Bugle Pointe condos. Our party actually had 7 people b/c my parents also went with us. There was plenty of room for all of us. They were very nice and we will definitely stay there again. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. It had a queen size bed upstairs with a bathroom and shower. Then on the main floor it had a bedroom with king size bed, a full bath with jet tub, kitchen, small dining area and a living room. Upstairs bedroom had a tv. Downstairs bedroom had a cd player w/ some cd's available. The living room had tv, vcr and dvd player. Some movies were also available. The kitchen has all the utensils and comes with a dishwasher. We had a good sized deck with a grill and table and chairs outside. Oh, and it also had a fireplace. We loved the fact that you could hear the water in the river right outside our window.

We ate at Village Pizza, we always make a visit there every year when we visit. We also ate at Casa Grande which is obviously a mexican restaurant. It was our first time eating there and we would eat there again.

Hope this info helps, and hope you have a wonderful trip! :)

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bugle Pointe Condos?

We are also a family of 5, we have 2 teenagers and we just got back last week from staying at Bugle Pointe condos. Our party actually had 7 people b/c my parents also went with us. There was plenty of room for all of us. They were very nice and we will definitely stay there again. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. It had a queen size bed upstairs with a bathroom and shower. Then on the main floor it had a bedroom with king size bed, a full bath with jet tub, kitchen, small dining area and a living room. Upstairs bedroom had a tv. Downstairs bedroom had a cd player w/ some cd's available. The living room had tv, vcr and dvd player. Some movies were also available. The kitchen has all the utensils and comes with a dishwasher. We had a good sized deck with a grill and table and chairs outside. Oh, and it also had a fireplace. We loved the fact that you could hear the water in the river right outside our window.

We ate at Village Pizza, we always make a visit there every year when we visit. We also ate at Casa Grande which is obviously a mexican restaurant. It was our first time eating there and we would eat there again.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bugle Pointe Condos?

6. Re: Bugle Pointe Condos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 26, 2009