We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albuquerque Scarpas Pizza

Florida
Level Contributor
211 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Albuquerque Scarpas Pizza

I am in the local ABQ area. I see the Brick Fired Scapas Pizza place on Academy. Would anyone care to voice an opinion for this place?

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Albuquerque Scarpas Pizza

I'm unfamiliar with Scarpa's. For brick oven pizza, I would suggest Il Vicino on Central in the Nob Hill neighborhood.

Colorado USA
Level Contributor
279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albuquerque Scarpas Pizza

I tried Scarpas once and didn't really like it. I agree with the previous poster, try Il Vicino. Another great pizza option is Saggio's near the University of New Mexico area.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
136 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Albuquerque Scarpas Pizza

I actually like Scarpas, and I personally think it is better than Il Vincino--though I do like Il Vincino. Scarpas in my opinion makes a decent brick oven pizza.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Albuquerque Scarpas Pizza

Road Toad, I like both Scarpas and Il Vicino, but for different reasons. Both places have wood fired pizzas, but you asked about Scarpas so I'll start with them. I think Scarpas has the BEST salads. I'd recommend the Arancia and Southwest Chicken Salad. All of their chicken is grilled over a wood oven, so it's a really good addition to any salad. Scarpas has some really unique pizza combinations, including several that come with a fresh salad on top of a cooked pizza. They also have shrimp as a topping. Scarpas also has pasta, which Il Vicino didn't even have on their menu until recently. The Red Chile Cream and the Viccinicci are two of my favorites. By far the number one reason to visit Scarpas is the Torte di Mele dessert. It's an apple puff pastry tart baked in a wood oven and topped with coffee ice cream and HOMEMADE carmel. (Ok I'll admit I used to work for this place, but that was over 5 years ago).

Now, in all honesty, I go to Il Vicino at least once a week. They have, in my opinion, the best beer in town and great service. Their food is also excellent, but they are not full service. You wait in line to order, and the floor staff works as a team deliver your food and drinks. They have a smaller menu than Scarpas does, but they have Calzones, which Scarpas does not. Both of these places are great restaurants. You should check them both out for yourself.

5. Re: Albuquerque Scarpas Pizza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 22, 2009