We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for 1nt on the road stop.

London, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for 1nt on the road stop.

We will be stopping overnight in Albuquerque en-route to Phoenix and have looked at one hotel in the university area and one in the airport area - we would appreciate opinions on which are would be

more suitable - are both areas relatively safe etc.?

Many thanks.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
184 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for 1nt on the road stop.

elliotj,

I don't know which hotels you are looking at - but as far as area - I would stay at the airport one. They aren't very far apart and will both make easy access if you are going 1-40 to Phoenix.

Hope this helps. Have a safe trip!

London, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for 1nt on the road stop.

Many thanks for response - hotels to decide from were Marriott Fairfield University or Courtyard Marriott Airpor - had read somewhere that university area could be a little unsavoury?

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
184 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for 1nt on the road stop.

elliotj,

My son is an APD officer and his beat is the University area. I would still recommend the airport hotel.

Have a safe trip!

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
184 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for 1nt on the road stop.

Oh, and one of the places we like to eat is The Rio Grande Yacht Club that is close to the airport off of Yale Street. If your looking for a nice dinner place. There is also a Frudruckers if your in the mood for a hamburger, Applebees is also close. Just thought I'd add these.

London, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for 1nt on the road stop.

Many thanks for all your helpful advice - looks like we're going for the airport hotel and will more than likely look to eat at Fudruckers.

Regards

6. Re: Hotel for 1nt on the road stop.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 24, 2009