We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in terminal

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
car rental in terminal

I will need a van for 2 adults/2 children + car seats. luggage. Is there a car rental inside terminal, I do not want to take shuttle. Price not a factor, need service. Thanks

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: car rental in terminal

I agree with Keith and CasaAzul. Your best bet is the shuttle from the airport to the common rental place. These are big shuttles, and can accomodate quite a few people and all their luggage. They have one pick-up spot at the terminal, and deliver you to one spot at the rental facility. All the agencies are in the rental facility, and very easy access from the shuttle. It's the most convenient shuttle service I have encountered wherever we have flown.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: car rental in terminal

Oh, wow how confusing. Are you saying that E does not have a desk at the terminal? So when one gets to airport will have to leave airport for rental? Sorry to be such a pest, but I am doing this for someone else (the fussy one and he's a lawyer) and MUST get it sorted out. Thanks so much. Maybe I should book with another car rental...are you familiar with any who would have offices at terminal without having to go rent somewhere else? thanks for your help

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: car rental in terminal

Exactly. There are ZERO car rental desks in the terminal. There are some courtesy phones. Again, the only way is taxi or shuttle. There is no other option.

Keith

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: car rental in terminal

Keith, I believe I have it all figured out now, sorry for the confusion. Apparently none of the car rental co's in ABQ have offices where one can rent in terminal then take a shuttle to vehicle site. Correct me if I am wrong, on that, I have called a couple and not even Hertz has a rental at airport terminal.

West Chicago...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: car rental in terminal

You really need to think of the consolidated rental car location as an "extension" of the terminal and the only way there is to take the "internal" shuttle.

So yes. Zero in terminal. All in consolidated facility. And to stress again. The shuttle is easy, easy, easy.

The order is just different than you mentioned: shuttle, rent in facility, take car on site (of rental facility)

Keith

Edited: 1:46 pm, May 21, 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,792 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: car rental in terminal

One option if shuttles are not agreeable then rent a limo to pick up everyone at the airport, take to hotel and then have Enterprise pick up driver at hotel, take to rental place and get car. http://www.505starlimo.com/

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: car rental in terminal

yes i've already sent that info through to renter (my son), he does that all the time when traveling home to airport, should work well if he wants 1st class service.. he can only get back to me on wknds, very busy at work . thanks for the link!

Have you done this before? I (we were all born in ABQ) now we all live in different states, but love NM it is our home forever! Can't wait to go back and visit family and enjoy our beautiful city

Edited: 8:58 pm, May 21, 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,792 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: car rental in terminal

Never taken limo service but know people that do. We see limo's all the time bringing people up from Abq and from Santa Fe Airport, lots of high end part time residents as well as movie business types.

Have a great visit back to NM. Spend some time in Santa Fe too. La Posada Resort and Inn at Loretto are 2 high end properties in town that I've stayed at and recommend.

19. Re: car rental in terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 23, 2014