We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Albuquerque

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Albuquerque

Does anyone have any recommendations of New Mexican cuisine in Albuquerque. We usually make 1 trip to Gaurduno's but would like something more like Tomasito's or the Shed in Santa Fe.

Mentioned in this post
Albuquerque
Albuquerque
New Mexico
The Shed
The Shed
4,005 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
New Mexico
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants in Albuquerque

Sadie's on 4th street is a favorite of ours. Garcia's kitchen is good and inexpensive. We go to the Comanche/Juan Tabo location. Los Cuates is also good at their locations.

Mentioned in this post
Garcia's Kitchen
Garcia's Kitchen
232 Reviews
Albuquerque, NM
St. Louis
Level Contributor
20 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants in Albuquerque

Saide's on North 4th. Great "New Mexican" food.

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants in Albuquerque

Of all of the restaurants serving New Mexican food in Albuquerque I would NOT recommend Garduno's. Garduno's definitely serves "wann-be" New Mexican food. For a more authentic and delicous meal you should try Los Cuates on Lomas and Monroe (they also have a new location on Montgomery between Wyoming and Eubank which I haven't tried yet). 100% better than Garduno's. Garcia's Kitchen, Barella's Coffee House, and Duran's Pharmacy also serve great New Mexican food. All of the above mentioned restaurants aren't very fancy and have low prices.

Mentioned in this post
Albuquerque
Albuquerque
New Mexico
Garcia's Kitchen
Garcia's Kitchen
232 Reviews
Albuquerque, NM
Clovis, NM
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurants in Albuquerque

I really like El Nortano on Zuni. Very clean, with excellent food and great prices. They not only have New Mexican dishes, but have a extensive menu containing exotic dishes from Mexico I've never seen offered before.

I had a pork dish from the Yucatan that was outstanding, and they are the only place in Albuquerque where you can get real Baja style fish tacos!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Albuquerque
Albuquerque
New Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurants in Albuquerque

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Just returned from a wonderful week in Albuquerque and I'm already missing it.

I have to say my vote for the best has to go to Los Cuates. The burritos, tamales, green chile stew, and red and green were all excellent (yes, I made more than one visit there). Sadies, although it seemed like we were dining in a large noisy banquet hall was also very good. Surprisingly, the restaurant in our hotel (Wyndham airport was also good).

The only disappointment was at La Hacienda in old town. Food and service were slightly below average.

Can't wait to return next year!

Mentioned in this post
Albuquerque
Albuquerque
New Mexico
Level Contributor
669 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Restaurants in Albuquerque

I suggest Cervantes, Garcias on 4th Street and Los Cuates for good NM cooking.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Restaurants in Albuquerque

Sadie's on North 4th Street in Ranchos de Los Albuquerque. An original Albuquerque, New Mexican cuisine restaurant. You won't be disappointed. Even the locals recommend it.

Mentioned in this post
Albuquerque
Albuquerque
New Mexico