We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near the airport?

Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near the airport?

When traveling, I usually like to stay at Country Inn and Suites near whatever airport I'm flying out of as I like this chain. However, the reviews for the one near the ABQ were not good and inferred the area where it is located is not safe.

Can anyone recommend a good, safe, moderately priced hotel near the airport that has an airport shuttle?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,164 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near the airport?

That hotel is right on the highway and near a small neighborhood. There also are other hotels closer to the airport close to that same neighborhood. We usually stay at Hilton Garden Inn or the newer hotels off Sunport Rd, Hyatt Place. Since we drive I'm not sure about shuttles.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near the airport?

There are a few Marriotts nearby the airport, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, TownPlace Suites, Residence Inn. I like them all and they have shuttles.

They are near each other and in safe areas.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,996 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near the airport?

We were just in Albuquerque and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. We also stayed at the Country Inn and Suites at the Denver airport as we flew into DIA. The Country Inn and Suites is nothing like the ones we have stayed at in the past and does not even compare to the one at the Denver airport. We felt safe and the staff was great and it does have a shuttle but the other amenities were lacking. The breakfast choices were limited and the TV selection was one of the worse we have ever seen and we travel a lot and stay in hotels all over the US. It didn't even have ESPN for Monday night football and no other cable stations like USA, TNT, History, HGTV, etc.

We tried to make reservations at the Homewood suites which is near the airport and has a shuttle and gets good reviews but they were fully booked. The Residence Inn does not have a shuttle because I called and checked or we would have stayed at that hotel.

Hope you find a hotel that will suit your needs!!

Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near the airport?

Thanks to both of you. That's a big help!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near the airport?

According to the info on their websites, the Residence Inn Albuquerque (near Menaul) does not have a shuttle but the on near the Airport (Gibson Blvd) does have one. So maybe its still an option for OP?

New Mexico
Level Contributor
871 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay near the airport?

Most of the airport hotels are relatively new (or newish) Neighborhood is perfectly fine.

I always have good luck on Priceline. I request the ABQ airport area at the highest star rating for $48/50 dollars. You are taking a chance because it is non refundable before you know what the hotel is.....but in the past, I have "won" the Hyatt Place (multiple times) and Marriott Courtyard. Very nice hotels.

7. Re: Where to stay near the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 15, 2013