We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

days inn west - albuquerque..safe area of town?

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
days inn west - albuquerque..safe area of town?

Hi , i will be traveling thru albuquerque on I-40 coming from the carlsbad caverns in texas and heading towards flagstaff. I would like to stay the night in alb. I am looking for a budget motel where the kids and i will feel safe..not far off of our I-40 route. I a read a review of the comfort inn west which indicates that this is not a safe area..the days inn where i am planning on staying is very close by. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a better place for us to spend the night along this route..like to keep it under 85 dollars.

thanks for any help!

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: days inn west - albuquerque..safe area of town?

Sure, you could stay in little Los Lunas. It's not much but is becoming almost a south side suburb of Alb. No particular advantage or need to avoid Alb by interstates 40 and 25. Sure traffic builds up at rush hour commuter time. Modest motels just west of the intersection of 40 & 25 by Old Town Alb are OK. Neighborhood isn't afluent but with tourists there just use normal caution. Any of the I-25 roadside motels past there on western Alb side will do, too. You don't have to pay that 85 buck a night rate. And enjoy. Heck, just getting away from Houston ought to do it. OK, I know we all spend most of life where we have to earn a living.