We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short visit --St. Clair Winery was a great find

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
363 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Short visit --St. Clair Winery was a great find

We stayed at the Hotel Albuquerque on 4-13. Nice enough. Maybe too clean as our room smelled strongly of undialuted cleaner.

nice walking to the old town. Dinner in the upstairs bar at Seasons. Good drinks, not very good food. Not satisfied we walked down to St Clair Winery and Bistro. Such fun! had a wine tasting and cheese plate. This was a Tuesday night and the place was hopping.

The food looked great. Purchased 2 bottle of wine and a corkscrew to take with us. Great find!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
379 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short visit --St. Clair Winery was a great find

I have to say that I have never before heard a complaint that a room was too clean!

I haven't been to Season's, but in general it gets very good reviews, as do its sister restaurants, Zinc in Nob Hill, and Savoy in the Northeast Heights. I can attest to the quality of the latter two, although I believe that their menus are a bit more creative than Seasons.

I'm glad you enjoyed St. Clair Winery. We like going there during the warm weather and sitting on the patio for a meal and music.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short visit --St. Clair Winery was a great find

St. Clair's is great.....reminds me, I should do a review.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short visit --St. Clair Winery was a great find

St. Clair is a good alternative if you are visiting the Old Town area...especially if you are looking for something other than our "New" Mexican food at such places as the Church Cafe, or Little Anitas. FYI: St. Clair is located on Rio Grande Blvd., between I-40 and Old Town.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short visit --St. Clair Winery was a great find

We also dislike rooms that smell strongly of chemical cleaners.

I have asked to change rooms for this reason more than once.

Now we request that windows be opened before we come if possible.

5. Re: Short visit --St. Clair Winery was a great find

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 am, June 22, 2013