We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town - 1 evening

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clarkston
Level Contributor
78 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town - 1 evening

I will have only 1 evening to see Old Town. It will be on a Tuesday. How late are the shops and restaurants open. What else should we see besides the church?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town - 1 evening

You can take in quite a bit of Old Town in an "evening," as it is only about 1/2 mile, by 1/2 mile in size.

First, check out the Old Town website at:

http://www.albuquerqueoldtown.com

All of the shops, restaurants, etc. are privately owned so they have varying hours.

"Most" of the Old Town shops are open Mon - Sunday 10am to 8pm. Sundays: 11am to 7pm.

Aside from the beautiful old church, and adjacent Old Town Plaza, I would first visit the Old Town Basket and Rug Shop, directly across from the NW corner of the plaza. The name is a bit of a misnomer, as the store has thousands of various Southewestern items in addition to baskets and rugs. I list it first, because it closes early. Mon-Sun 10am to 6pm.

Next, try the Covered Wagon shop, across from the SW corner of Old Town Plaza. If you are looking for souvenirs, baseball caps, key chains, etc., this is the place. I could not find their hours, but I would guess it stays open until 8pm. Surrounding these shops are several others which may attract you, including fine arts, and jewelry. This is especially true off the little placita (outside the northern exit/entrance into the Basket Shop), directly across from the west end of the church.

For dinner, I would recommend the Church Cafe, appropriately on Church Street, directly behind the church. The service is slow at times, but the menu is varied, and the food good. The ambiance of the interiior in this 18th Century, adobe, former residence, is quite charming. Aside from inside, you may also dine on the front or rear outdoor patios. Their hours are Mon - Sat 8am to 9pm, Sundays 8am to 4pm.

I would do my shopping first since the shops close before the restaurant. I hope this helps a bit. Enjoy your visit, and come back again when you have more time to explore.

Edited: 11:28 am, April 28, 2012
Clarkston
Level Contributor
78 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town - 1 evening

Thanks for your help. I will plan on doing just what you said!

3. Re: Old Town - 1 evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, June 18, 2013