We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Cab companies.

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Cab companies.

We will be coming to Abq via the Amtrak for 2 nights. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Only plans are museums and shopping in Old Town. Is one taxi company better than than the other? We would need to get to the Old Town area for the day, then back again in the afternoon.

From researching on-line I see reviews of both companies are mixed.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Cab companies.

Which museums are your priorities? Since those and shopping in Old Town are your plans, you might be better served by staying in Old Town itself. There is a Best Western on Rio Grande Blvd http://www.riograndeinn.com/ which would put you within walking distance of all of Old Town, including a majority of the museums, and restaurants.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Cab companies.

I 2nd ConCeili's idea to stay at the BW in Old Town. Everything you're talking about doing will be pretty much right at your doorstep.

In RE to the taxi companies, it's been awhile, but back in my bar scene days I took taxis quite a bit to get home.....they were all pretty much the same. They got me home safely and I've never been ripped off.

If you determine to go the taxi route, be advised that you'll probably have to call the company to have one sent for you. Unlike many cities our size, you're not going to see a whole lot of them driving around looking for customers. Pretty much the airport and weekends downtown and that's about it.....though I believe there are usualy some parked outside the railstation most of the time.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Cab companies.

Having been in the hotel business here, I can state that your best bet for a cab is Yellow. Albuquerque Cab was quite good at one time, but since they went to automated calling, they aren't as prompt or helpful.

Those are the only two in town. There is usually a couple parked at the Amtrak station for arrivals, so you shouldn't have any problem getting one.

With regard to staying in a hotel, Best Western Rio Grande Inn and Albuquerque Hotel are within two blocks of Old Town. Another nice place, much older, but within walking distance is the Monterey Non-Smoking Motel. They won't let you stay there even if you smoke outside the rooms.

Clean and well taken care of, and really nice people.

It is about one mile from the Holiday Inn Old Town to the actual town location, and there are no restaurants close by except the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center across the street.

Again, I would opt to change reservations and stay closer to Old Town, where you can walk to everything within four blocks at the most.

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Cab companies.

Thank You all for the replys. I will consider your recommendations. I have time yet to change reservations.

5. Re: Taxi Cab companies.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, June 17, 2013