We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Roof Inn, is it a good place to stay..??? Car Rental???

Tennessee
Level Contributor
403 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Red Roof Inn, is it a good place to stay..??? Car Rental???

We are planning a trip west in Sept. and Oct. We will end up in Albuquerque Oct 7-10. Question # 1. I would like to know what people think of the Red Roof Inn at 1635 Candelaria Blvd.. NE. Is it a good location for going the the Balloon Park. We will have a car, Question # 2 I read where it is cheaper to rent away from the Air Port then at the Air Port, What do you do? Take a taxi to the car rental place when you get to the Air Port?? How much will that cost??

Thanks

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Roof Inn, is it a good place to stay..??? Car Rental???

You would be best advised to check out the hotel reviews at the "Albuquerque Hotels" link on the Albuquerque home page.

This hotel is conveniently located adjacent to I-25, and the balloon fiesta access would be about firve to six miles north at the Tramway Blvd. Exit, from I-25. Although we are "Albuquerque Experts," when it comes to hotels in our own cities, we do not have the experience of staying at local hotels by and large. Restaurants are easier for us to personally recommend however.

This facility has some of the widest range of reviews I've ever encountered, from "Excellent" to "Terrible." Their General Manager's response to postings here on TA, makes me believe they are trying to improve their property. Look the Red Roof Inn over on it's hotel page here on T/A...and then decide if you want to stay here, or not. There are several hotels just off I-25 on Menaul Blvd. that you may also want to consider. They are more accessible to restaurants than this Red Roof Inn.

Enterprise is a popular car rental agency here, because they will bring your car to your hotel. You then must drive the rental agent back to his Enterprise lot...there are several located across Albuquerque. You might check with them to see about booking online before you arrive. A cab fee to the Red Roof Inn should be in the range of $15-$20.

Edited: 5:32 pm, December 20, 2011
Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Roof Inn, is it a good place to stay..??? Car Rental???

I don't recommend the Red Roof Inn. They have had a lot of problems recently, so really check it out.

Other Hotels in the area are ClubHouseInn with a full hot breakfast, MCM Elegante with a bar and full service restaurant, and La Quinta Suites with a continental breakfast.

IMHO any of these would be far better than Red Roof Inn. When they were part of Accor (Motel 6), they took real good care of their properities. Can't say they are doing the same now.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Roof Inn, is it a good place to stay..??? Car Rental???

To the second part of your questions. Enterprise has a station at the Airport with all the other rental companies. There is a free shuttle from the airport arrival area to the rental site. Enterprise will probably be a little less than some of the others.

If you are staying in a hotel, you can call Enterprise, they will pick you up and take you to their office. There are several scattered around the central part of town.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Roof Inn, is it a good place to stay..??? Car Rental???

I know this can happen anywhere but the motel was just in the news this week:

krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/suspect-arrested-in-…

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Roof Inn, is it a good place to stay..??? Car Rental???

I have just booked into this hotel a couple of hours ago as part of a pre-booked trip travelling Route 66. We have stayed at 9 hotels over the past 12 days and I would put this one on the bottom of my list. It is very tired looking, Dirty marks on pillowcase and a hole in the bed base. Not very attractive.

6. Re: Red Roof Inn, is it a good place to stay..??? Car Rental???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:44 am, June 10, 2013