We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Long range weather forecast for Oct 6-10th. Things can change in two weeks though. LOL

Sunny, highs in the upper 70's, lows in the low 50's. Beautiful!

Dress in layers!

Have a great time!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

Re: Balloon Fiesta photos from Petroglyph Park.

Sorry, the petroglyphs are miles away to the Southwest, just off Coors Blvd., north of I-40. The sun would also be in your face, so that doesn't make for good photos usually.

It IS best to be right on the field. If you can't, and have a 400mm lens (I use Canon too)...you might try this:

From I-25, exit onto Paseo del Norte..then west. Go approx. 1/2 mile (left lane) and turn left on Jefferson, then immediately right on the first street...continue 1/2 mile or so west and you'll see many cars parked along this road. If the usual north to south winds are working that morning...the balloons will be coming directly towards you from their launch point at the Balloon Park...about 1 mile to the north. Other possible areas...north of Paseo del Norte (Alameda is even better) beside San Pedro or Louisiana Blvds.

Good luck!

12. Re: Coming to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Albuquerque