We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need good real estate agent

Which Albuquerque hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Cruces, New...
Level Contributor
307 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
need good real estate agent

Can anyone recommend a good buyer's agent for the outskirts of Albuquerque? Specifically, Rio Rancho, Sandia Park, maybe the East Mountain areas . . . thanks!

Hanalei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
295 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need good real estate agent

I've really liked working with Jean Chavez. She has a website at http://www.thechavezteam.com/, and her number is 620-JEAN. Very nice and very knowledgeable.

Albuquerque, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need good real estate agent

Have you thought of building a home? We bought 10 acres in the East Mountains area and are building a home. There are a lot of custm home builders who might be able to build you a better home than trying to find a resale.

Las Cruces, New...
Level Contributor
307 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need good real estate agent

Ideally, we would like to have house built, but we are daunted by the prospect! Have heard so many horror stories about incompetent builders (not in NM specifically) and schedules/costs that run way over . . . any recommendations on honest, dependable builders who offer fair prices?

Albuquerque, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need good real estate agent

It all depends on your price range. If you find a nice parcel that has good access and doesn't need a lot of grading and is preferably not governed by an association with strict CCand R's then you can keep your costs way down. We have built several homes and very much enjoy the process. Check out http://www.hbacnm.com/ the central New Mexico Home Builder's Association web site. I personally recommend David Engleman of High Mountain Homes http://www.hmhomes.com/ That's his own house on the cover of Su Casa magazine: http://sucasamagazine.com/

If David is too busy he can certainly give you a recommendation of a good builder in the area (East Mountain, Placitas, Rio Rancho, Sandia Park, Edgewood, Tijeras, etc.)

I'm a southern Californian and I am blown away at how cheap it is to build in New Mexico as opposed to here. And they get most of their building supplies from California!

Las Cruces, New...
Level Contributor
307 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need good real estate agent

Thanks for the tips, will check out websites. We're located in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C. Our budget (total) for land + house will probably come in at no more than $400k max. I know your housing $$ goes much further in NM, but not sure about when you start talking custom built!

albuquerque
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: need good real estate agent

I used to work with a custom home builder how is really great. Look up Rolla Homes at www.rollahomesnm.com. He is an award winning builder here in Albuquerque and can build anywhere in town, even in out laying areas such as Placitas and the east mountains. If you say you have 400K to spend you could get quite a home, and he is verseed at helping peple find the right lot to build on and can help in that process as well.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
122 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need good real estate agent

Realtor?I suggest Maggie Bishop. You can reach her at nmmag@aol.com. She will work hard for you. She is a long time Albuquerque resident and knows the areas well.

I wish you would consider Albuquerque's North Valley as well. a rural feel close to the city center shopping & arts. Quite and relaxing. If you live in the east mountains you WILL have snow and sometimes get stuck in Albuquerque when they close the canyon. Rio Rancho is now the third largest city in NM. Did you know that? Past Santa Fe a few months back. There are nicer areas but it is really suburbia gone berzerk.

Sarah

Las Cruces, New...
Level Contributor
307 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need good real estate agent

Thanks for the advice -- we haven't ruled anything out since haven't been out there seriously looking yet, and really appreciate the guidance from those of you who live there and know exactly what it's like! BTW, Corrales looks good on-line and seems like a good value . . . but, so does Bosque Farms!