We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balloon Rides during 2007 Balloon Fiesta

ohio
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Balloon Rides during 2007 Balloon Fiesta

My husband, two children, and I are going to be staying with friends for the balloon fiesta. We would like to get us and the kids up in a balloon, but it doesn't have to be from the fiesta field or during another ascension. I believe there also might be tethered rides at the fiesta. I know Rainbow Riders are the "official" folks, but was wondering if anyone could reccommend any other (safe!) alternatives, or has any information about tethered rides.

Thanks in advance!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balloon Rides during 2007 Balloon Fiesta

As far as I know "mom," tethered rides are usually available, only when the winds are too high for lift-offs, so some balloonists offer the tethered variety to give at least a taste of a ballooning experience.

It is really late to be trying for reservations, but you might try the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta office for their recommendations, at (505) 821-1000.

World Balloon is Albuquerque's oldest ballooning company. www.worldballoon.com

Another with a long history in Albuquerque is Skyspan Adventures,

www.skyspanadventures.com

Personally, I would prefer to fly in a balloon with a smaller basket (holding 3-5 people, rather than in one of the larger balloons which can carry 10 or more passengers. The smaller variety have an advantage in landing in smaller places because of less bulk, which can become very important if the winds suddenly increase during landings.

The AIBF may also know if there are going to be any "tethered" demonstrations around town, at shopping malls, etc.

Enjoy the fiesta!

Houston
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balloon Rides during 2007 Balloon Fiesta

We booked balloon rides for 2 with Rainbow Riders. We have been to the Fiesta before but didn't make reservations and were not able to go up. We are very excited about going up at the same time with so many other balloons. Should be some fantastic pictures. We plan to make the Balloon Glow and AfterGlow fireworks after. Wish we could find out the balloon we are going up on but it's kind of exciting not knowing as well. Look for me there. I will be the fat guy with the camera in a Fiesta T-shirt two sizes too small and levis bell-bottoms that miss the ground my about 2".

Level Contributor
669 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balloon Rides during 2007 Balloon Fiesta

If you look at the ABQ Ballooning website you will get a choice of local folks to choose from in the ABQ area.

http://www.abqballooning.com/rides.htm

If you volunteer as chase crew...on occasion you can also get a free balloon ride. Skyspan has a good track record for the area regarding no incidents. You do want to keep your family safe. Depending what weekend you are in town...there is also a great Greek Festival at the Greek Ortho Church on High Street.....Oct is a very nice time in the state.

Level Contributor
669 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balloon Rides during 2007 Balloon Fiesta

PS...since you will be so close....explore the Sandia Tramway..

5. Re: Balloon Rides during 2007 Balloon Fiesta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 09, 2009