We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acoma or other pueblo open to visitors in mid-March

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Acoma or other pueblo open to visitors in mid-March

Hello,

We will be visiting ABQ in mid-March for 1 week. We (2 adults,2 teens) would like to visit a pueblo while there, preferably one where people still reside in. Taos Pueblo appears to be closed during the time we are in New Mexico. When I look at Acoma Pueblo website, they talk about tours from Oct 13-March 2, 2017, being weekends only, and then they list March 24-Oct.31 tour times. We will be there around March 11, so will Acoma Pueblo be open for tours then? I have emailed them with no response, and called with no success.

If Acoma is closed, then any suggestions for a pueblo where people still reside would be appreciated. We are willing to drive, and will be going to Alamogordo area/Socorro areas also if that helps. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Taos Pueblo
Taos Pueblo
2,616 Reviews
Taos, NM
New Mexico
New Mexico
United States
Pueblo
Pueblo
Colorado
Alamogordo
Alamogordo
New Mexico
Socorro
Socorro
New Mexico
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acoma or other pueblo open to visitors in mid-March

I would suggest that you contact the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center. Their mission is to be the "gateway" for the 19 Pueblo Indian tribes in New Mexico. They would have the most information in one place for you.

Indian Pueblo Cultural Center

2401 12th Street NW

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87104

Phone: Local: 505-843-7270 Toll Free: 1-866-855-7902

http://www.indianpueblo.org/centerevents/

Hope you find just what you want.

Edited: 4:13 pm, February 12, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
Indian Pueblo Cultural...
1,711 Reviews
Albuquerque, NM
Pueblo
Pueblo
Colorado
New Mexico
New Mexico
United States
Albuquerque
Albuquerque
New Mexico
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acoma or other pueblo open to visitors in mid-March

Thank you for the idea. I will do that. We really hope to be able to visit.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,153 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acoma or other pueblo open to visitors in mid-March

If open, San Ildefonso Pueblo has a ticket you can buy to do a self tour/walk aroudn the Pueblo. I haven't been there for a couple of years, but a wonderful place. Also Ohkay Owinge Pueblo (formerly San Juan) also a place to visit. I don't think there are orgainzed tours there either.

Mentioned in this post
Pueblo
Pueblo
Colorado
4. Re: Acoma or other pueblo open to visitors in mid-March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, February 14, 2018