We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing in Corpus

Which Corpus Christi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
grapevine, TX
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
fishing in Corpus

We are heading to Corpus for the state swim meet this weekend. Our son would like to fish some, but we won't have time for a charter. What are our best options for 2-3 hours of fishing? Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing in Corpus

Depends on what part of the city you're staying in and/or how far you're willing to drive. There's Packery Channel and the Laguna Madre that is about 30 minutes from downtown Corpus and would be your best bet in my opinion.

I've also fished by Oso Bay, which is down by Texas A&M-Corpus. There are also some fishing piers along Ocean Drive within the Corpus city limits but I've never used them.

grapevine, TX
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing in Corpus

Thank you for the response. We are very close to Oso Bay, so there or Laguna Madre might be great options. Willing to drive 30 min or a bit more to get a decent chance to catch something!

Is it pier fishing, or are there fishing boats to rent?

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing in Corpus

Stop by a WalMart or Academy for a one day fishing license.

grapevine, TX
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing in Corpus

Thanks for the info. We have Texas Fishing licenses, so I think we are ok, unless we need something other than standard lake fishing....

5. Re: fishing in Corpus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 26, 2014