We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaca in Corpus Christi & San Antonio..

Which Corpus Christi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington...
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Vaca in Corpus Christi & San Antonio..

Hello, I'm hoping to visit TX with the family in late June. The teens need the beach so I thought we could fly into Austin (cheaper from Boston), drive to Corpus Christi and find a rental (saw something at Surfside Condos that looked nice)...stay for a few days and drive to San Antonio and stay there for a couple of days.

For the TX experts...does this sound doable? Anyone have an opinion of Surfside Condos? I was hoping to drive over to the National Seashore for a day (looks gorgeous)...

Any and all tips are welcomed! Thank you!!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,021 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaca in Corpus Christi & San Antonio..

Very doable. You might want to investigate Schliterbahn in New Braunfels for the teens.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaca in Corpus Christi & San Antonio..

Yes very doable. As another option check out Sandollar Sity Beach house in Port A (just next to CC). This property is right on the beach.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaca in Corpus Christi & San Antonio..

Just follow I35 south to San Antonio and pick up I37 to Corpus Christi. It's about a 3-3.5 hour drive. Can't help with your choice of accommodations but there are plenty to choose from. If you stay in Port A you are about 30 minutes from the National Seashore.

Wilmington...
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaca in Corpus Christi & San Antonio..

Thank you!

5. Re: Vaca in Corpus Christi & San Antonio..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi