We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking A Dog On Vacation

Which Corpus Christi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Taking A Dog On Vacation

Hi everyone,

Hubby and I are taking a get away trip next week, This will be our first get a way since his last deployment, so it is very important.

We would like to travel with our dog, but have never done so before.

Will she be allowed on the bay beaches, as well as the gulf? Do alot of the resturants have outdoor areas to eat.

We have reservations at the Holiday Inn Emerald Beach.

Thank you,

Marlin Texas USA
Level Contributor
254 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking A Dog On Vacation

Since you haven't traveled with a dog before, you don't know how stressful it will be for the dog, or you.

If you take her to the beach, will you be willing to clean up and dispose of any of her deposits?

If you and your husband decide to go out without the dog, where will she be kept?

Some restaurants are dog-friendly, some aren't. You will be limiting your options because of the dog.

Personally, I'd find a good, reliable kennel and leave her there in air-conditioned comfort with 24 hour care. Some dogs are not happy travelers.

Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking A Dog On Vacation

wooo I didn't mean I wanted permission, I asked about the area of Corpus.

Maybe this isn't the place to ask after all.

Thanks anyway.

Houston
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking A Dog On Vacation

By all means, travel with your pup!!!! At your hotel on the bay in Corpus you might need to keep her/him on a leash. But just take a short drive out to the island and you will find plenty of secluded beach where he/she can run off-leash and have a great time. We have taken our dogs to Port A many times and find it very dog-friendly.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking A Dog On Vacation

here's a website with good info

dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guide…

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking A Dog On Vacation

Not familiar with pet friendly dining establishments but check these which have outdoor patios and are near your hotel:

Executive Surf Club

Dos Comales

Harrison's Landing

Brewster Street IceHouse

Pier 99

Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking A Dog On Vacation

Thank you so much for all of your help. I am really a responsible person, and would of course make sure that we did not leave a mess behind.

7. Re: Taking A Dog On Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 15, 2013