We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help Finding a Rental

Which Corpus Christi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Need Help Finding a Rental

I'm looking for a rental within walking distance of the beach/bay. Many of the affordable (no more than $135/night) rentals I have found are at Villa del Sol, but the reviews I've read of the general property are not so great. Is Villa del Sol as bad as some people make it sound? Are Elaine's properties at Villa del Sol as nice as some people claim? Is there anywhere else you'd recommend? My husband and I are traveling with our almost 2 year old and would really prefer a rental so that when she goes to bed we don't have to tiptoe around as we would have to in a hotel room.

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help Finding a Rental

I would call Jackie at Prudential Real Estate on the Island 362-949-7033

E. Tx.
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help Finding a Rental

Villa del Sol is as close to the beach as you can get. It is also at walking distance to all the popular attractions as well as a 10 minutes drive to down town and the beautiful pedestrian-friendly shoreline.

The condo units are owned by individual owners. Some of them are being managed by agents who take comminssions on the rentals. The quality of the units varies quite a bit and that is why you get such a diversed collection of reviews--which may or may not be written by true vacationing guests.

I am writing this as I sit on the balcony of my unit using the free wi-fi and looking at the gentle waves a few hundred feet away. I find the place peaceful and safe, perhaps not the height of luxury, but I'm happy to be here. Your expectations may be different. So this reply may not be much use to you. Check out the photos of the different units on the web to see if you can find something to your liking, and enjoy Corpus Christi. It is a darn good destination.

3. Re: Need Help Finding a Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:40 pm, June 21, 2013