We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Houston-Lisbon-Rio...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Selena Monument

Greetings,

I am attending an education conference in Corpus Christi from April 5 to April 9, 2009. I will be staying at the Omni Corpus Christi Marina Hotel on 707 North Shorline Blvd.

My questions to the forum are:

1) How far is the Selena statue reflecting pool monument from the hotel I am staying at?

2) Are there any good restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the Omni Marina that I should try?

Thank you all ahead of time for your replies!

Safe travel to you!

George B.

Corpus Christi
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Selena Monument

George: The Selena Memorial Statue is on the corner of Peoples Street and Shoreline Blvd. You are staying at the Omni on Shoreline Blve. There are two Omni hotels but both are withing 1 block of the Selena Memorial. Just walk south and cross at the stop light on Peoples Street. You need to take a sightseeing tour on Captain Clark's Flagship also. Keep walking down into the marina on Peoples Street, look at the Spanish Nina replica ship, continue to the stop sign, turn right and you will run right into the Flagship 3 deck paddle-wheel style boat. You would probably have to take the 1 pm tour on Sunday as there may not be any tours during the week.

Restaurants in the area are "Water Street Oyster Bar and Seafood house (1 street inland and down about 4 blocks south)and the Surfclub (burgers & such). Also, Joes Crab Shack, Lawrence St. T-Head and Landry's Seafood on Peoples Street T-Head accorss the street from you. Have Fun, Mary

Houston-Lisbon-Rio...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selena Monument

Mary,

Thanks for the great info! I appreciate your help very much!

Safe travels!

George B.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selena Monument

There are a lot of good restaurants in the downtown area not far from the Omni. Personally, I would avoid Landry's and Joes Crab Shack. Try the local restaurants... I would recommended:

Water Street Oyster Bar on Water Street, of course

http://www.waterstreetrestaurants.com/

Railroad Seafood Station 1214 Chaparral St. Corpus Christi, TX 78401

Mamma Mia's for Italian 128 N Mesquite St, Corpus Christi, TX 78401

Executive Surf Club next to Water Street Oyster Bar great assortment of beers and casual dining

Brewster Street Ice House

http://www.brewsterstreet.net/wiki/BST/Home

City Diner and Oyster Bar Water Street

4. Re: Selena Monument

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, October 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi