We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner with a view

Which Corpus Christi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner with a view

What are the top 2 dinner restaurants with outdoor seating on the water,yet not pretentious?..Prefer steak or seafood..Thanks all...

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner with a view

There really aren't any...strange, huh. During the tourist season it is so hot here that outdoor seating is the last place anyone wants to be. There are a few very casual dining places with outdoor seating...I'm talking casual, swim trunks and flip flops, casual.

My favorite is Snoopy's, beneath the JFK causeway, great fish and chips place, can sit out on the water...not the bay or Gulf though...Laguna Madre...great sunsets. Casual dining with fresh seafood, cash only, no table service.

Pier 99 is the other. It is located on North Beach next to the USS Lexington Museum and a short walk from the Texas State Aquarium. Does have table service and a little more diverse menu than Snoopy's but, in my opinion, the view is limited and the food not as good as Snoopy's. It is ultra-casual as well.

The best seaside dining in the area is found in Rockport-Fulton and Port Aransas in my opinion.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner with a view

Thanks for the info...We decided to go with Niko's,although not on the water,the steaks should make up for it...Out of the places mentioned,do any have a bar?...Or are there other places??...The plan now is to have Happy Hour on the water....

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner with a view

Neither in the true since of the word. Both serve adult beverages but not a sit down bar with TV's etc. Snoopy's only has beer and wine.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner with a view

I do know how to spell "sense". Sorry, got in a hurry.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner with a view

Just returned...Do not know why you neglected to mention Joes Crab Shack..ONLY place with a view on the water...Pier 99 looked like a shack on the beach with a view of the Lexington..Nikos was good,not great...The filet is best..Ribeye was tough...WAY overated...The plus side is that it is open late,and the steaks have a unique mesquite flavor...Saltgrass and Texas Land and Cattle and Texas Roadhouse way better.....Had a great stay at the Omni Bayfront...

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner with a view

I hope you had a great time. I rarely suggest chain restaurants because you can have that experience anywhere. Few locals frequent Joe's Crab Shack because there are much better places for dining. I apologize for not mentioning it as an option though, and hope you had a positive experience.

Katy, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner with a view

Snoopy's is a DUMP!! Go to the Black Diamond Oyster Bar. Not on the water, bot had great steaks and very fresh fish. The BEST steaks in Corpus Christi can be found at Friday's-Poets Restaurant at 4825 Saratoga Blvd. NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS!!!! I have been a loyal customer of this establishment for over 20 years. Born and raised in Corpus, I live in Houston, and every trip home to Corpus I go to Friday's-Poets.

8. Re: Dinner with a view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, October 10, 2009