We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

Houston, Texas
1 post
Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

I saw a string on Padre Island, but nothing on Corpus? Is there a beach where topless is OK? Is there a beach where nude might not be ok, but it's a popular spot for it? Planning a trip this summer, thanks all!

Norfolk, Virginia
1 post
1. Re: Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

I'm not aware of any sanctioned nude beaches, but in Texas, unless there is a local ordinance that prohibits being topless, it's legal. If you head out towards Padre Island National Seashore, there is a beach access road right before you enter the park (IT"S NOT ALLOWED IN THE PARK!), but if you hang a left on the beach at the end of the road (beaches in Texas are a state Highway) you will be on the county beach. As long as you're not doing anything lewd or inappropriate, it's generally ok. Be advised though, that's also where a lot of people nude sunbathe (mostly gay men), but that's illegal and you may get fined for it if caught.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
7 posts
2. Re: Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

I have been nude in the park many times without a problem. instaed of turning left on the beach, park and go right beyond the posts and then walk out about a mile and you should be ok. my wife and several of her girlfriends were out there all day nude and they didn't walk out nearly that far. rangers passed several times no problem.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,723 posts
3. Re: Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

"my wife and several of her girlfriends were out there all day nude"

you lucky dog you!!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

How about that Steve, you're so familiar with the NL habbits....

Akron, Ohio
11 posts
5. Re: Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

Most in and around Corpus aren't going to go nude. You will see it some along the beach though. I've not hear of any arrests. My wife was simply asked to put her swimsuit on twice in 4 days. One of those times they said thanks and walked off before she even got her top on. You can see topless a lot more often. Depending when you go it can draw a lot of attention. Expect interaction during spring break. Spring Break is a crazy party and if you're naked you're going to get every single guy on the beach all over you.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
7 posts
6. Re: Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

You might be able to get away with it in Corpus but why bother? You'll have more privacy on North Padre island. Anywhere beyond Bob Hall Pier and beyond the poles in the sand. I was there with my wife the last two weekends. Only saw one couple last weekend and three couples the weekend before enjoying the beach nude. After Labor day the crowds really thin out relatively speaking so if you walk out far enough you may not see another person.

victoria
1 post
7. Re: Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

i am new to the area and would like to know where bob hall pier is.... any help would be appriciated

texas
1 post
8. Re: Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

do u remeber between the mile markers that was

San Antonio
Level Contributor
7 posts
9. Re: Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

just past the sign to the national seashore. take first left, go to beach, park near sticks and walk out about a mile or two and enjoy. was there about three weeks ago. water temp was great!

10. Re: Nude / Topless Beaches in Corpus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 04, 2010