We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving 2007? plenty of questions....

Which Corpus Christi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving 2007? plenty of questions....

We are Daytona Beach folks but want to spend Thnxgiving day on Padre Island. Where should we get dinner (we fly in on Thnxgiving day) Is Wal Mart open, is the deli up and running and can you buy wine/beer on Thnxgving day? What restaurants are open? should we just bring crackers and peanut butter for the day or can we find some food for 3 kids and 2 adults?

corpus christi, tx
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving 2007? plenty of questions....

Don't know if Wal-Mart is open but you should have no problems finding beer,wine and liquor on Thanksgiving. Supermarkets (HEB)will probably close early, but convenience stores will have beer and wine and some liquor stores will remain open. If you are on Padre Island, head over to Port Aransas for dinner. Try phoning Pelican Club, Venetian Hot Plate, or Shell's to see if they are open. If not, restaurant row will have something to offer you.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving 2007? plenty of questions....

The local Grogery chain H.E.B. should be open for the first part of the day. They have awesome selections of beer and wine (not spirits) as mentioned most Liquor stores will be open (try Liquid Town on Alameda and Everhart, and the New HEB on SPID @ Waldron Rd. WILL have everything you need for your stay (no need to visit the evil empire walmart!)

I believe the chain restaurants will be open and those are up and down S.P.I.D. or 358 on your map. As far as Booze? This is Texas babe, we sell the stuff on Sunday (just not Spirits) so you should be fine. : )

enjoy!

marble falls tx
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving 2007? plenty of questions....

howdy carolmarol!! ...............just wanted to make sure you are talking about padre island...and not south padre island...south padre island is about 3 hrs south.................flying to corpus christi?

you won't have any trouble finding whatever you need there. corpus is and has been a test market for any new restaurant or product for years............at one time i was speculating that they had opened about 100 new restaurants or stores in one year.....i was wrong..117! many..many are there for thanksgiving day dinner service.............and you can drive several miles on the beach..right to the surf's edge on the public beach..adjoining the padre island national seashore..even camp..build a fire.............all the things you can't do at daytona beach ..LOL...........i lived there too! actually in deltona..........my favorite beach was new smyrna.......................the gulf is great..especially this time of the year....enjoy!!

4. Re: Thanksgiving 2007? plenty of questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 12, 2009