We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping from Gaylord without a car

Which Oxon Hill hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool,UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Shopping from Gaylord without a car

Hi

I will be at the Gaylord for a convention in late May and will have a couple of days to explore the area. What are the options in terms of access to a shopping or outlet mall using publuc transportation?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Shopping from Gaylord without a car

Water taxi to Alexandria. Lots of shopping. Not sure how to get to outlet mall but the hotel could tell you.

ALEXANDRIA va
Level Contributor
759 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Shopping from Gaylord without a car

Cathy

I love Alexandria but the prices at the shops are comparable to London. The closest real big outlet and discount mall is Potomac Mills in Woodbridge VA http://www.simon.com/mall/potomac-mills

With a rental car, you could be there in roughly half hour with no traffic, more if traffic..

No real public transportation option that would not involve multiple buses, subway line changes, more buses and taxi. You would not be able to carry much of anything you bought even if you suss it all out on dodgy bus lines. Sorry but NH is a shopping center in Oxon Hill, Maryland with hotels that really requires a car to explore the area. Consider renting a car with a friend for a day if possible. But i agree, it never hurts to ask your hotel. Despite it's name, there is nothing "national" about NH at all.

3. Re: Shopping from Gaylord without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, November 13, 2015