We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Dulles to National Harbor hotel

Which Oxon Hill hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Dulles to National Harbor hotel

I am planning to attend a conference the last week of February 2012 at the Gaylord National Harbor. I will most likely be staying across the street at the Hampton Inn, as the rates were more favorable.

Does anyone know if either of these hotels offer an airport shuttle service from Dulles to their hotel? If not, does anyone know of an inexpensive airport shuttle service that will do that route?

Has anyone ever noticed if TripAdvisor has an airport transportation section to the website? It would be great to be able to compare services and prices for the various options.

Thanks in advance!

7 replies to this topic
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Dulles to National Harbor hotel

It's a long distance from Dulles to National Harbor. And this being DC, there will be no cheap, affordable way to get there.

I did a quick google search and came up with this link:

gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-national/direction…

$43 per person, each way.

You may also want to look into a public transit / taxi combo, which could be somewhat cheaper, but will probably still be pretty expensive, probably somewhere in the $25-28 range. Maybe not worth the cost savings.

Darnestown...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Dulles to National Harbor hotel

You can also use Super Shuttle. supershuttle.com/en/IADAirportShuttleWashing…

The price is in the same ballpark, $45.00.

Darnestown...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Dulles to National Harbor hotel

You can also use Super Shuttle. supershuttle.com/en/IADAirportShuttleWashing…

The price is in the same ballpark, $45.00.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Dulles to National Harbor hotel

In the D.C. Forum under the Top Questions list in the top, right-hand portion of the page there is instructions on how to get into D.C. from Dulles using Metro Bus and Metro Rail

You can get yourself closer and then use the taxi for the rest of the way.

ALEXANDRIA va
Level Contributor
759 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Dulles to National Harbor hotel

For a few bucks more you could just take a taxi directly from Dulles airport.

It's a legal monopoly so only Washington Flyer cabs are available and in my experience very clean and the drivers courteous. With tip, it should be about $60. I don't know how timely the hotel shuttle is from IAD, but I do know how easy and good the taxis from there are.

As for public transportation: After a long flight, schelpping your luggage and carryon onto a train, then a bus, then a taxi - loading and unloading three times - in order to save the price of 3 Starbucks Venti coffees does not seem worth it to me. Plus you will also waste about an hour extra.

There are simply no low cost and convenient options in this area.

I know this is not what you want to hear, nor what you asked, but many tourists and visitors have sent me PMs later thanking me for steering them to taking the taxi from Dulles after they did the true cost of time and hassle.

Just my opinion mind you, and hardly gospel.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Dulles to National Harbor hotel

Can you tell me if this taxi fare of approximately $60 from Dulles to National Harbor, Maryland is per person or for two persons in the taxi. Also is this rate current (7/12 ) Thanks

Lisbon
Level Contributor
1 post
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Dulles to National Harbor hotel

Took a taxi from IAD to National Harbor and it costed me $80 USD.

Reply to: Getting from Dulles to National Harbor hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted