We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from SLC to Green River Wyoming.

Which Salt Lake City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from SLC to Green River Wyoming.

Hi all

Arriving in SLC overnight on route to Green River Wyoming all the way from Sydney Australia.

I'm a little nervous about driving on the wrong side (your right) so wondering if there is an alternate way to get there.

Thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,908 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from SLC to Green River Wyoming.

Suspect this may end up being a challenge without a car. You can fly on Delta from SLC to Rock Springs (RKS). It's not from from there to Green River, but not sure on shuttles or taxis. How will you get around once you're in Green River?

Driving there is pretty easy. You simply get onto I-80 and drive 2-1/2 hours. Yes, you will need to drive on the other side of the highway but you'll get accustomed to that quickly.

You might also post this in the Wyoming forum as it's more likely the folks there know more about local transport in the region than someone in Salt Lake City.

Good luck.

Edited: 9:00 am, June 23, 2013
Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from SLC to Green River Wyoming.

It's really hard to drive on the wrong side of I-80. Not like driving from the airport to downtown SLC and driving the wrong way up one way streets. What time are you arriving in SLC? From our experience travelling from Sydney it is most likely late-ish in the day. A night's rest near the airport and you'd be sweet for the drive the next day.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from SLC to Green River Wyoming.

Greyhound bus might be an option from SLC to Rock Springs or Green River. Here's a link

http://www.routefriend.com/route?from=Salt+Lake+City%2C+UT&to=Green+River%2C+WY&date=Wed%2C+Jun+26%2C+2013&site_sequence=

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from SLC to Green River Wyoming.

Thankyou all for your response, very much appreciated.

Still thinking driving is the most direct and I'm sure i'll get used to it pretty quickly.

Watch out for me, I'll be the driver with the crash helmet!

Kind regards

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from SLC to Green River Wyoming.

Thought you might like to know that I hired a Chevy Cruz via Alamo and drove all up over 2800 miles in 14 days. Your roads overthere are excellent and I have to say I very much enjoyed the whole experience. I cant get over how friendly everyone was..highlight of the trip the evening lights and flag lowering ceremony at Mt Rushmore and of course Yellowstone (special mention to Red Lodge Montana) and the 10th Floor buffet overlooking the Temple in SLC. You guys really do have so much to be proud of.

:)

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from SLC to Green River Wyoming.

Good to hear. Missing our adopted state right now. Should be at Lumpys in downtown SLC on Friday night to see the Dockers take down the Hawks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get from SLC to Green River Wyoming.

Ah that other football they play in Victoria..hope your team is in form.

8. Re: Best way to get from SLC to Green River Wyoming.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 29, 2014