We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or condo with balcony in SLC in May

Which Salt Lake City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grootschermer, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or condo with balcony in SLC in May

I plan to stay in or near Salt Lake City from May 19 for 6 nights.

On the last day I will drive to the airport so I don't want to be too far from there. A 45 minutes drive would be ok though.

I am looking for a nice room or condo with WiFi and tv and micro/fridge. Also: a balcony. Preferably with a nice view.

I am travelling alone so I don't need a lot of space but I saw some apartments that looked like prison cells and that's not what I want either.

I would like to pay no more than $ 100 per night but if the place is really great I'd be willing to pay a little more.

I hope someone has a suggestion.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,222 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or condo with balcony in SLC in May

What's the purpose of your visit? A range of 45 minutes from SLC is pretty broad. Park City is a nice choice and mid-May is an off season so prices will be reasonable. Still, hitting $100 per night for what you want is probably a bit of a stretch. In Park City check Newpark Resort to see if you can sneak in at that price with a balcony room. Grand Summit at Canyons Resort is another possibility. Another area to check is Midway, UT, maybe Zermatt Resort. I'm guessing that you'll need to go a bit higher pricewise but it will be well worth it.

If you're arriving on May 19, your six nights will take you out to our Memorial Day holiday weekend. You may find that sixth night tough at the resorts, but easier in SLC.

Let us know your interests and it will help better target suggestions.

Have fun.

Grootschermer, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or condo with balcony in SLC in May

Thank you for your speedy reply!

The purpose of my visit is sightseeing. I like to visit cemeteries and I like to go for drives.

I considered Park City but was afraid it would be too high and therefore too cold in May.

I will check out the resorts you mentioned. Also in Midway.

The 45 minutes around Salt Lake is because I don't want to be much further from the airport.

I completely forgot about Memorial Day.

Thanks for telling me. I realize that may be a problem.

And I am ready to pay more than $ 100 if need be.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,222 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or condo with balcony in SLC in May

Weather in May will be just fine, maybe a few degrees cooler than Salt Lake City area. Midway is actually an interesting option. Slightly higher elevation than Salt Lake but lower than Park City. Very nice collection of small inns. Zermatt Resort is rather large. Check out the Blue Boar Inn and Inn on the Creek among others.

Have fun.

4. Re: Hotel or condo with balcony in SLC in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 31, 2013