We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the parking like in SLC?

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
What's the parking like in SLC?

Thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn Express just off I-I5. Is it easy to drive into Salt Lake City itself & then find some where to park ( ideally free!)?

Where would you suggest would be best for us to park so that we could walk to all the sights?

Coming from the UK so don't really want to be driving around & around SLC trying to park!

Thanks

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the parking like in SLC?

Yes, very easy to park. Here's a link to parking information.

http://www.downtownslc.org/parking

Parking is free (in street sites) after 6 pm M-F, and on weekends. During 8-6 on M-F, you do have to pay at the new blue pay stations around town.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the parking like in SLC?

Brilliant! Just what I was after. Thank you very much browna1234.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,890 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the parking like in SLC?

There's also a light rail station just a few blocks from your hotel with free parking. It's just six stops to downtown and would save you any hassle of finding a spot. Trax is a great way to go.

If you do drive, in addition to on-street parking there are a ton of very reasonably priced lots downtown.

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the parking like in SLC?

There are many places to park downtown for free. Walk to sights close to your hotel but there is much to see on the outskirts so don't be afraid to get in your car. You'll want to go up to Snowbird resort, take a mountain drive to Park City both 30 minutes up our beautiful canyons. The only traffic we have is around road construction areas and during rush hour...7-8am and 4:30-5:30pm on the inner city streets. No worries! This is so mellow compared to London.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the parking like in SLC?

Thanks to everyone who've taken the time to reply. Looking forward to my trip in 2 weeks time!

6. Re: What's the parking like in SLC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, July 15, 2013