We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little America or Radisson?

Central Arizona...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Little America or Radisson?

We'll be staying in SLC for almost a week in Feb. My partner will be skiing everyday in Alta (we're renting a car). I will be going to the Family History Library daily so convenience to there w/o a car is essential. Trying to decide between these 2 hotels. Is there construction by the Radisson that might keep us awake? I was even thinking of taking a day to have a spa day over at Grand America, so Little Am might be convenient for that.

What are your thoughts?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,890 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little America or Radisson?

There is construction two blocks east of the Radisson, but they don't work at night so no noise keeping you up. From the Radisson you could walk to the History library, or go the other way and walk to Gateway.

But the free (downtown) TRAX will take you there from Little America. Catch it on the street between it and Grand America.

I haven't stayed at either so can't help you there.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little America or Radisson?

It really is sixes but if I had to choose I would go with Little America because of the proximity to TRAX (light rail).

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,456 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little America or Radisson?

Normally I would not refer to a Radisson, but this one is really nice and super convenient for where you will be working (just a block). And it's immediately on the Trax light rail line. Little America is probably overall a better hotel and also right on Trax. It's a touch south of downtown. But in that it's on Trax, you can get anywhere.

For easy access to the highway for the daily trips to Alta, Little America is more convenient but maybe by five minutes shorter access time.

Given those two choices and where you're working, go with the Radisson.

Central Arizona...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Little America or Radisson?

Thank you for the replies & info! It looks like my partner wants to stay in a "more comfortable" hotel. Is there a hotel in the downtown area nicer than Radisson but not as posh as Grand America?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,890 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Little America or Radisson?

Both Marriotts, the boutique Hotel Monaco, Hilton, Sheraton and more. Or you could do Little America, which is not as posh as Grand America.

Central Arizona...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Little America or Radisson?

Partner decided to go through Priceline--so, luck of the draw. We ended up with the Marriott downtown. Proximity to the library looks to be very close that I can walk, is this true?

Also, how is the construction noise in that area nowadays?

First time to SLC and looking forward to it!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,890 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Little America or Radisson?

The Marriott downtown is a block from the family history library and very simple to negotiate, walking would definitely be the best way to get there. It is however on the same block with the construction of the new City Creek shopping development. Again I doubt you will notice at night.

The SL visitor center is also right across the street from the Marriott and you might want to stop in there for walking tours or other information.

8. Re: Little America or Radisson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 29, 2012