We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good steak in SLC

Which Salt Lake City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good steak in SLC

We will be visiting SLC in early October. Need suggestions for a nice casual restaurant that serves good steaks along with providing good service. In reading lots of reviews haven't found anything that stands out! Thanks!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good steak in SLC

Spencer's on West Temple and 200 South.

More upscale, but worth the experience - The New Yorker on Market Street (between 300 and 400 south, main street and west temple) Reservations Required.

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good steak in SLC

In addition to the ones mentioned above: The Rodizio Grill in Trolley Square is very casual and a fun atmosphere right in town, and The Steak Pit at Snowbird for a casual mountain experience.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good steak in SLC

Yikes- I would never ever eat at Snowbird - they've had so many run-ins with the health department that I'm surprised they're still operating restaurants. I'd feel safer eating out of a dumpster.

Rodizio is okay, but its loud and I'm not a fan of the buffet-style restaurant. Its worth trying once - if you do go, make sure to try the rattlesnake!

Salt Lake City Utah
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Good steak in SLC

Carver's steakhouse is in Sandy just off of the 10600 south exit. Very good quality food, nice quiet atmosphere.