We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 hour visit

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
24 hour visit

Hi

I'm detouring from a convention in San Antonio, to visit my son who has just started at BYU. We're Australians living in Hong Kong. I will get in to SLC at 10:50 pm on a Sunday night, and leave froms SLC airport about 8:45 am on Tuesday morning. I'm thinking I'll be better off staying in SLC on Sunday night then going to Provo early Monday morning to spend the day with my son. We might travel back to SLC in the afternoon for the world's fastest sightseeing trip and then go to dinner, after which I'll send him back to Provo or maybe keep him in the hotel and send him back the next morning, depending on his classes.

I am looking at booking into the Quality Inn in SLC. I haven't been to Utah since 1983! Can someone advise me on the best way to get to Provo and back. I don't really want to rent a car. If there's an inexpensive shuttle to Provo, that would be great.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Provo
Provo
Wasatch Range, UT
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
120 Reviews
Salt Lake City, UT
Utah
Utah
United States
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
405 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 24 hour visit

If you are staying in SLC and visiting Provo on a short schedule your best bet is renting a car. There is public transportation available (http://www.rideuta.com/) but it is very slow and the usual 50 minute trip will take you 2 hours. For dinner I recommend The Roof in top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It is a high class buffet which gives you stunning views of Temple Square and the sunset.

Mentioned in this post
Provo
Provo
Wasatch Range, UT
Temple Square
Temple Square
4,304 Reviews
Salt Lake City, UT
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 24 hour visit

Someone else recommended that restaurant to me. It sounds lovely. We might do that. I might end up renting a car... I've looked at the bus and train schedules and they don't seem to run very often.

Thanks for your advice.

3. Re: 24 hour visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, October 10, 2009