We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant near WNTemple Road

Which Salt Lake City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
France (Europe)
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
restaurant near WNTemple Road

Hello,

We're a french family on vacation in July.

Do you know a casual restaurant near Sky Harbor Suites 1876 W. N. Temple Road, family friendly (if possible a little bit off the beaten path), any kind of cuisine ?

Thank you very much.

Philippe

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: restaurant near WNTemple Road

Don't go to The Mayan for the food. You'd be better off at Taco Bell.

Red Iguana is excellent Mexican Food. If you have transportation to downtown, there are plenty of restaurants. Crown Burger (On 300 West and North Temple) is the best burger in town. You have to try "fry sauce" while you're here too - it's a unique Utah cultural quirk.

There are also the restaurants at Temple Square - The Roof. It is family friendly, but expensive. Worth going there for the view.

More downtown eateries: The Blue Iguana (West Temple and 200 South) Lamb's Cafe - great place to eat (200 South and Main Street) Anything on Market Street - Takashi, Market Street Grill - Red Rock Brewing Company, Squatters, Rio Grande are all good.

Pourquoi est-que vous voyagez a Salt Lake City?

France (Europe)
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: restaurant near WNTemple Road

Thank you Jdalton51.

We wanted to see Salt Lake City on our way through Utah to have a little feel of what Mormon is, and see the great salt lake.

C'est ce que nous voulions voir, et bravo pour votre fran��ais. L'avez-vous ��tudi�� ?

There is a blue and a red iguana ?

We'll try fry sauce : hope we'll be alive after that !!!! (hot and spicy ?)

Merci encore de votre gentille r��ponse.

France (Europe)
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: restaurant near WNTemple Road

Problems with some french letters (accent and cedilla). so :

...C'est ce que nous voulions voir, et bravo pour votre francais. L'avez-vous etudie ?

...Merci encore de votre gentille reponse

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: restaurant near WNTemple Road

J'ai voyage a Paris en avril. Je suis etudie francaie a l'universitie (a Utah - GO UTES!) et j'ai decide que je veux voyager a Paris!

Ou-habitez vous en France?

Fry sauce is neither hot nor spicy, but it is a must for tourists to try. For most Utahns, it is a staple.

How long will you be in Salt Lake?

France (Europe)
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: restaurant near WNTemple Road

Unfortunately, just one day in Salt Lake (going to Arches NP).

We live 10 miles south of Paris.

Nous allons partir tr��s bient��t en vacances pour les Etats-Unis (San Francisco). J'esp��re que vous avez appr��ci�� votre voyage �� Paris.

What about Red and Blue Iguana ?....

Thanks,

Philippe

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: restaurant near WNTemple Road

Different people will tell you which is better, the Blue Iguana or Red Iguana. I prefer the Blue Iguana because they have my FAVORITE mexican dish.

If you're curious about Mormons, visit Temple Square. There will be a french-speaking missionary there and can answer any questions you have.

J'adore Paris! I cannot wait to go back. I loved the Parisians, the city, the food - everything! If I could find a way to support myself and live in Paris, I would move there without half of a thought. The photo next to my name is on Ilse-de-citie with Pont neuf in the background.

utah
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: restaurant near WNTemple Road

The Mayan is a lot of fun for kids (cliff divers, etc.) , but the food is mediocre at best. Red Iguana is the best authentic Mexican food in town. It is not in the nicest part of town, nor does anyone eat there for the ambiance, but it is right on North Temple--a very well travelled street, and there is parking right next door. I would take my kids there without a second thought.

La Frontera on 1236 W 400 South also has good Mexican food and is very family friendly.

For cheap, good food, try Coachman's on 1300 South State street for breakfast.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: restaurant near WNTemple Road

I haven't been there personally, but know a few people who have remarked that the food at the Mayan is notably poor. Anyway, if you're staying on N Temple, there's no reason to drive all the way to Sandy to eat. As I recall, Red and Blue Iguana have similar menus, though Blue Iguana is in a nicer location and is more expensive.

France (Europe)
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: restaurant near WNTemple Road

Well, our chidren are 20 and 16...They now prefer good food to cliff diving...(...their parents fault ????!!!...)

A great Thanks to all : slcmom, and once again brettyb and Jdalton 51.

Bye

Philippe