We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Cottonwood Canyon Tram Attn: dudleycath

Which Salt Lake City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Little Cottonwood Canyon Tram Attn: dudleycath

I read your reply to a post here. Is that tram to the 9,000 foot peak enclosed or not? Also is there hiking and or a snack bar or restaurant available at the top?

We will be at the Little America Hotel in mid-July. My kids and I loved the tram at Palm Springs a couple of years ago. My wife will only do the tram if it's enclosed. I've done some long ones where your feet dangle like a chailift. She won't go for that.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
687 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little Cottonwood Canyon Tram Attn: dudleycath

The tram is large and enclosed and you can walk around while it's moving. There isn't any food at the top... just an incredible view. There is a trail that you can take from the top back to Snowbird. It will be gorgeous in mid-July... just losing the last of the winter snows. Have a great trip.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
687 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little Cottonwood Canyon Tram Attn: dudleycath

Here's everything you might want to know about the tram and other activities at Snowbird in July! Although there are no concessions at the top of the mountain, there are several places to eat near where you purchase your tram tickets.

snowbird.com/events/…tram.html

Northern California
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little Cottonwood Canyon Tram Attn: dudleycath

Thank You Much !!!!!!!

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
908 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Little Cottonwood Canyon Tram Attn: dudleycath

Just dont' forget to bring a jacket if you take the tram. It actually tops out at 11000 feet. There should still bit quite a bit of snow around the top. They're still skiing at Snowbird through June this year.