We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Angeles at its finest

Which Port Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Angeles...
6 posts
Save Topic
Port Angeles at its finest

I've lived in Port Angeles almost all my life, and unfortunately, there are many things that living here has robbed me of. I take alot of what this little town has to offer for granted. I would love the chance to see Port Angeles through a newcomers eye, and was wonderering what your favorite things to do in PA are? I just recently discovered a cave out on the east end of town that has been around for years, yet i was never privy to. I know there are alot more of these things out there, and was hoping you guys would be able to share with me your favorite Port Angeles gems. Thanks for the time, Kristin

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Angeles at its finest

Hi Kristin,

Hmm, you want to know our secret places eh?

The locations of the best wild blackberry patches on the peninsula, usually in logged-off areas, are kept secret even from other family members. So that's out ;-)

On the other hand, some of my favourite spots are known to most everyone ... Marymere Falls in ONP, Hurricane Ridge trails, water sports on Lake Sutherland, the wonderful Crab Festival, the Sand Sculpture festival, poking around Swain's Hardware. I like to look at, photograph, and read the information about all the lovely sculptures downtown.

I like to go to Ediz Hook, and climb over the rip-rap to stand on the beach and look across to Victoria where I live. Another favourite beach on the Strait is just west of the mouth of the Elwa River (the Place).

Of course Shane Park is on my list since I play tennis there every summer.

The Odyssey Bookshop at 114 West Front Street is always interesting.

As soon as I hit Enter I'll think of a bunch more!

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Angeles at its finest

Since the secret is out, I second The Place. That whole beach community is like something out of Brigadoon.

Port Angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Angeles at its finest

Thank you so much for the input =) I have actually never heard of The Place!!! I'll have to check it out for sure! Is it out on the reservation? Another fun thing to do is to walk around the Fine Arts Center at night w a thermos full of hot cocoa and a flashlight! All the scultures are soooo much different under the moonlight =)

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Angeles at its finest

No, it's not on the reservation; it's on the other side of the Elwha. Drive on 112 past Power Plant Road. You will shortly see Place Rd. on your right. Turn onto Place Road and follow it all the way down to the beach. You're in for a treat.

Port Angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Port Angeles at its finest

Awesome!!! I think i know what I'm doing today =) does it get really crowded in the summer?

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Port Angeles at its finest

No. No one knows about it. Until now, that is.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,286 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Port Angeles at its finest

Too bad for the people living in Brigadoon!

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Port Angeles at its finest

It's alright, Glaciermeadow; the beach at the actual river mouth is far enough from the little settlement that no one who lives there is going to be seriously affected. I used to own property there, myself. It's a great spot for the local surfers who already know about it.

Port Angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Port Angeles at its finest

brigadoon? wheres that? never heard of it

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply