We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bushwacker Restaurant?

Portola Valley, CA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bushwacker Restaurant?

About 10 years ago I dined in the Bushwacker Restaurant in Port Angeles, and was looking forward to dining there again next week. Imagine my surprise at reading a near-avalanche of negative reviews.

As I've seen plenty example of hotels and restaurants that have "gamed" the tripadvisor system to artificially inflate rankings (like this one, now removed from #1 ranking: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155987-d218938-Reviews-Forest_Suites_Resort-Lake_Tahoe_California.html) BUT, is the Bushwacker now as bad is the reviews suggest?

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bushwacker Restaurant?

I haven't been there myself, but my relatives go every so often and have not complained.

You might also consider Landing's Restaurant (which everybody calls The Landing) upstairs on the waterfront and Bella Italia also downtown.

And I love the Mexican restaurant at 408 S Lincoln St, formerly called the Hacienda del Mar (can't recall its new name, but it has great Mexican food).

Portola Valley, CA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bushwacker Restaurant?

Thanks for your reply. We came up with what I think was a pretty good solution. We stopped by the Bushwacker for a drink in their bar. We moved on to a few appetizers and then checked out their soup and salad bar.

As a result, I can offer up that some of the negative criticism on the Bushwacker seems deserved.

1) Our apps (stuffed mushrooms & calimari) were only OK; nothing special

2) The clam chowder was marginal

3) The salad bar was incomplete; our waitress was notified, twice, and nothing happened. (Third time she went back into the kitchen and dragged someone out).

4) A gentleman, presumably Robert the owner/manager, sat in the bar with us at his own table (eating his dinner) and made no effort to intervene.

Game over. We found another restaurant.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bushwacker Restaurant?

During our three-night stay in Port Angeles the only praiseworthy dining we found was Alder Wood Bistro in Sequim (about 14 miles east of Bushwacker?)

4. Re: Bushwacker Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 31, 2010