We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day in Port Angelas, WA area

Roseville...
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
5 helpful votes
A day in Port Angelas, WA area

We will have one day in the Port Angelas area before we must catch the 5:15 pm ferry from Port Townsend (we have reservations). What is the best way to fill our day? We planned to drive up to Hurricane Ridge, however we will need some other adventures to fill our day after we hike.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
4,172 posts
95 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: A day in Port Angelas, WA area

Do your adventures necessarily need to be in Port Angeles? I think I would spend time at Hurricane Ridge and then start toward Port Townsend. It is easy to explore the interesting downtown In Port Townsend and nearby Fort Worden State Park offers a nice place for beach walking or exploring.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
13,218 posts
20 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: A day in Port Angelas, WA area

I agree with Traveler11223. Port Angeles (not Port Angelas) is not a particularly interesting place. Also, if you have to be in Port Townsend for the 5:15 ferry, you want to arrive at 4:15, which means leaving Port Angeles about 3:00 pm.

PT is a very pretty town, with quite a few things to do, some of which Traveler suggested. Another thing you could do would be to visit a few lavender farms in Sequim, which is 25 minutes east of Port Angeles on route to PT. You could also spend a little time at the Dungeness Spit, also in Sequim. It would be a nice contrast with Hurricane Ridge.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
109 reviews
58 helpful votes
3. Re: A day in Port Angelas, WA area

Yes, after Hurricane Ridge, I'd head toward Port Townsend with a stop at Fort Worden.

~ Colleen

Roseville...
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: A day in Port Angelas, WA area

Thanks...we are thinking a hike at Hurricane Ridge...Klahhane Ridge hike...and then work our way towards Port Townsend. Any must sees in Port Townsend before we catch the ferry?

Reply to: A day in Port Angelas, WA area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted