We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't Use Groome Transportation

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Don't Use Groome Transportation

Our family of five booked transportation to the Atlanta Airport on 10 June,

departing the Forsyth Ramada Inn @ 3:15 am). The driver was courteous and professional and I'm sure followed Groome instructions on where passengers for American Airlines and Spirit Airlines international flights should be delivered.

However we were left at the new International Terminal, which was not the one our flights departed from. It took much time and effort at that early hour to

find out that AA and Spirit international flights still leave from the main terminal and even more frustration and inconvenience to finally find a "Park and

Ride" shuttle to take us to the correct terminal. This failure to deliver us to

the correct terminal was inexcusable and resulted in our inability to meet the

required advance reporting times for our international flights. We're deeply

disappointed in this inexcusably unprofessional performance.

The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Don't Use Groome Transportation

The only stewing I did was the one hour on the cub. The lady on the phone said that she would tell the driver I was steps away, only to learn afterwards that she did not in fact tell him. She texted him. Those of us that travel a lot know how loud it is on the curb outside baggage claim with the jets going off overhead. Easy to miss a text comes in. Not so easy to miss a phone that rings 4-5 times before going to voice mail. And then maybe voice mail pinging.

FWIW, Groome is also pricey. I paid $72 for the round trip fare. That's 90-minutes each way. Up here I take the train or bus to Boston quite a bit, both are much more roomy and the fares are $40-45 round trip, and that's two hours each way.

Edited: 9:52 pm, April 08, 2014
1 post
Save Reply
32. Re: Don't Use Groome Transportation

I use groom no problem.You always leave early enough if there is a problem. Mark B Jackson Ga.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Don't Use Groome Transportation

Wwwwwillllllbbbbburrrrrr, this thread is from 2012, can you please stop beating it to death ?????????

(if you dont get the quote --- Wilbur owned the famous Mr. Ed horse on the TV show --- he has been dead for years)

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,582 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Don't Use Groome Transportation

We have no problem with Groome either, but did have the same thing happen to us in reverse. It was the fault of the airline and a last minute change. Our Dl. app said T concourse for our flight to LAX. We were dropped off and in the check-in process, discovered their had been a gate change and this domestic flight now left from the intl. concourse. Last year, our flight to Amsterdam left from T and we never used the intl. coming or going.

We have learned to always verify up to the last minute. The airline apps are great tools.

Groome offers a great service.

M D
1 post
Save Reply
35. Re: Don't Use Groome Transportation

Used Groom yesterday. They will not take reservations to or from Macon. It is truly a "free for all " at the Atlanta Airport. It makes no difference how long you have been waiting for the van. Who ever gets to the door first gets on. There was a Groom employee there that actually told me and my 80 year old parents that we had to be ready. Much pushing. He would not give out numbers or take names for the shuttles. Not until we spoke to the driver of the van we did not get on did we get a "over flow" ticket for the next shuttle. The driver of the van that finally came had to keep the doors locked until the luggage was loaded to keep other from pushing us aside. What a mess. Some one is going to get hurt

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Don't Use Groome Transportation

You can make reservations on Groome's website.

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Don't Use Groome Transportation

I've used them for years. I've always been dropped off where I was asked to be dropped off. It's the only shuttle in the area. It's professional and has always worked with me during flight delays and problems. To give a negative review because you didn't know where to be dropped off is ridiculous.

The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Don't Use Groome Transportation

I had the same free-for-all experience even though I had already been waiting forever. The earlier van was just pulling out as I arrived, so theoretically I should have been #1 in line. I waited patiently as the van finally pulled up and then all of a sudden people started rushing the van. No way was I going to wait still another cycle, so I rushed the van with everyone else and was one of the very last people on. It's a really poor system and puts a bad taste in your mouth.

Maybe if Groome had some competition the customer service might improve?

Edited: 12:18 pm, January 09, 2015
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Macon
Level Contributor
354 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Don't Use Groome Transportation

ThInk there is competitor.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
40. Re: Don't Use Groome Transportation

I will concur with the 'don't use groome'. Their customer service is the worst. The company makes promises of service it doesnt keep. They tell you they will call to confirm but never call. Their pick up locations are rediculous. I have to drive, or have someone drive, 1/2 way to the airport from monroe, ga to catch their shuttle. Tnen I have to pay $37 for a 30 min ride to the airport?

NOT WORTH IT